the Rift

Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel looked up to the vulture-winged shape of Levi coming in for a landing. She sidestepped to make room for the grullo stallion as he landed, privately glad that she wouldn't be meeting this newcomer alone. While the little mare could be vicious in combat, determination didn't always make up for brute strength, which Levi thankfully possessed. She greeted him with a brief nod, then looked back at the stallion as he spoke.

His words caused her to blink in surprise. What...he wasn't actually thinking of taking over their home, was he? Suspicion clouded her eyes for a moment, and her ears flicked back in faint annoyance as she noted that he was speaking to Levi, instead of her, even though she had spoken to him first. She hadn't known this horse for five minutes and she already didn't like him. Their eyes locked for moment as he slid his poisonous eyes from Levi to her, for a bit longer than she liked. Aryel was not a vain mare, but she took care to keep mud and dirt out of her coat for comfort's sake as much as appearance, and while she didn't really mind stallions looking at her there was something in this horse's eyes beside their color that unsettled her. His friendly sniff towards Levi only served to increase her suspicion. What was this horse playing at? She noticed the slight hardness that appeared in his eyes as he sniffed Levi, and she wondered what had brought it about.

Her thoughts were interrupted, though, as Kri practically materialized from the tall grasses nearby, causing Aryel to jump slightly. She was glad their Commander was here, though, and she glanced back at the stallion to gauge his reaction with a touch of cockiness in her eyes. If he was trying to see what their defenses were like, well, they would show him. That Kri knew his name caught her by surprise, but a grin tugged at her muzzle at the same time. What sort of a name was Tio? Whatever his name, Kri obviously wasn't tolerating him on Throat territory. She watched him for a moment, memorizing his coloration. Should he ever be seen here again, she would alert a higher-up. But what had he done to get Kri so short with him? The mention of an army only aroused her curiosity even more. "Who is this horse?" she asked the brown mare.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Aryel - 01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM