Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

My dark blue eyes do not move from the face of Tio after I gave Aryel and Levi a quick nod, their words falling on what could easily have been deaf ears. My resolve is set. I just want him to leave and come back when he is prepared to fight. In the mean time, I will be strengthening the soldiers I already have recruited. He would be fighting an uphill battle, a fool for telling any neutral party his plans and giving his intended target fair warning.

"I told you to get the fuck out of my home, not to fight me," I say angrily while the stallion still slews out his crest of words, my eyes darkening with each moment. "Are you so incompetent you do not understand that simple of a request?" I had no patience for this long-winded asshole standing in my territory, claiming that he will banish me. I am not even truly angry, but more just annoyed at the sheer stupidity of this golden brute slashed with white and tarnished with a dark charcoal smudging. He reminded me of a less capable version of Svetlana, as if one could become less capable than the over-confident mare of ivory and black. He continues on, the rabble of an idiot or the insane. I roll my eyes in exhausted patience, wanting nothing more for the long monologue to come to its rather late end. Finally, as his larynx grows tired of spewing shit out into the air around him, he comes to a pause.

I take this time to lift my head and speak as well. Despite my small stature, I was hardly one to be underestimated. This fool, who speaks so rashly in my ears, has no concept of what it means to be a Leader. I could be reft of my home, cast out into the wilds, but my family would follow me. It was not the land that had deaf ears, blind eyes, sensation-less skin, and no heart that I protected. The inhabitants that lived within this home were the beings I had sworn my life to, and I would guard them with every fiber of my being. If the Throat was lost, I would not fail them still. We would survive this storm, even if this bastard of a colt was even capable of ripping it from my hands. "You cannot take the only thing that matters from me, Tio," I say, rather blithely. "My family is woven into my heart, my body, and my soul. As long as I breathe, it is for their sake. If you should succeed in your goals by capturing this land, you will still not be a Leader. You will be a lonely tyrant."

I smirk at his next comment, about him tearing my wings off and making me a whore. Even his spit is badly aimed, falling short of me by at least a foot even in our close arrangement. If this was any indication of how our battle would go, I would certainly have him begging for mercy without gaining a scratch. I did not bow to Sepagus the Mighty without a fight, and this silly stallion was little more than a kitten by comparison. "I'd like to see you try," is all I say, my voice calm but powerful, my face locked in an even determination. I will persevere. I will not falter. I will not bend. I am stubborn. I am steadfast. I am resolute.

A flurry of movement begins, but I have enough time to clear out of Tio's way, a quick pivot throwing me roughly toward Aryel's side, before he even aims his buck, laughing at his folly. I was not fooled in any sort of manner to strike back. Had the idiot not already told us he wanted not to fight today? Not only was he an oaf but a liar at that. I allow him to run away, watching as he goes. "Oh, Tio! You don't want to stay and play?" I call after him mockingly, my voice breaking off into a laugh as I watch his tail disappear into the distance. Did he honestly think if we wanted to chase him he could out run the wind? After all, we are pegasus. I remember Aryel's question distantly, and still staring off at the horizon, I begin to speak.

"That horse is just a momentary threat. Let's alert the herd. We prepare for war."
""

[ooc: kri is going to follow up with a herd meeting I am posting... now. ;D]

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM