the Rift

One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
I smirked with a slight chuckle as my dear leader, Kri, had told me I am such a gentleman. My silver orbs traced hers analyzing the Sultana’s masculine figure, watching to see if she might make any slight movement. It was all about the types of strategies and nothing more in my opinion. Everyone had a different kind of style in sparring, but it helped, at least, to teach one another how to adjust and learn.

It was just then I could have sworn to feel the shift in the air. Cool Chills tingled down my spine like a spider crawling stingily down its stringed web as a sudden feeling of uneasiness collected in my stomach. Kri was known to never lose a fight, and I have fought many times, but usually they are not this experienced as she. My throat started to tighten and my muscles started to clench from the thought of Kri. I almost felt as though I was alone, but then again at the same time I felt doomed. I was frozen in fear for what seemed like eternity. Before I even knew what was happening the sun reflected its orangey illuminant rays into my pupils. Squinting, I strained to turn my face away from the blinding sun, looking DOWN. My vision was now stunned from the sun’s brilliant, but sinister rays. My wings still flapped at a steady beat, but my heart was racing with excitement. Clenching my jaw, the feeling got worse into my stomach now as though there was a storm dwelling inside. Tighter, my muscles squeezed, and quicker my heart raced. I felt hopeless as I grunted with anger waiting to regain my sight. With my eyesight being blinded, the only visions I had were in my mind. The stocky masculine figure of Kri was haunting me, hunting me down, and thirsting for my blood. Not even thinking about what my next move should be, I realized that I shouldn’t have underestimated her.

It was only a few seconds that it had taken for my vision to come into view once again, but it felt like an endless sea of hours. Quickly the chocolate figurine was closing the gap between us and fast. Her ocean blue eyes seemed to taunt me as I prepared myself for her strike. A feeling of an abyss now reappeared in my stomach once again. As she flew to my RIGHT, I saw her back leg start to come towards my shoulder. I tried to shift my body towards the LEFT, slinking into my left wing as hard as I could.. Before I knew it, Kri’s stocky leg pressed against my right shoulder. I grunted in pain from the impact. My teeth grit with agitation, but I accepted the fact that it already happened. Her hoof felt like a sharp blade cutting into my shoulder’s flesh instantly. My heart was still beating fast from the entire thrill of the show, but soon enough I knew that I was going to set Kri’s heart beating. Now it was my turn…

My square face appeared to be emotionless as I flew upwards, following the Sultana’s trail. Elevating myself, I flew higher into the atmosphere. Quickly I flapped my vulture wings with energy and strained myself to close the gap. The only thought that passed my mind was risky, but I figured it might be a good way to set my mood of the spar. I thought about it only for a few seconds before confirming my full attention to the technique. Taking a deep breath, I exhaled lessening my fearful emotions of Kri. When I felt confident enough, I flew to her RIGHT side to match her speed, but only for a second. Suddenly I dropped my right wing towards the ground and gracefully swung my weight towards the right as well and dipped downwards hoping to lower myself beneath her chocolate stomach. As I swooped on my way, I aimed both back legs for her stomach hoping to hit or stun her. Whether the strike hit her or not I pulled upwards, but as I did, I twisted my weight to the LEFT, to try and regain my position next to her. I attempted a full 360 and I knew it might now work for I knew it was risky, but I hoped it would strike her since it would be my only attempt for a strike this time. I knew that it was not clever to only attempt one attack, but it was a challenging one and most likely could count for more than one wound… but now all I felt was the chilled sweat that trickled down my forehead.

[ Phew, this took me SO long to try and revise. Thank you for not deleting this and for all of your critique it helped me soooo much!<3 I realize now what I was missing out on and I will try hard to take your critique and fix my writing for sparring. And you were so right the 800 words came to quickly it was almost like I didn't have enough! Anyways here it is revised and I hope a lot better! ^^]

Levi
Honor, Protection, Love.

That's what flows in my blood.

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi] - by Boom Boom - 03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi] - by Levi - 05-01-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi] - by Boom Boom - 05-24-2013, 06:43 PM