the Rift

Sand, Scrubland, and Friendly Criticism [Note/Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Whack!
Thunk!
Crack!

Aryel stepped back from the tree and turned to survey her work. The old, dead, dry bark was now splintered and cracked from where it had taken a pounding by her hind hooves. She recalled Kri's words during their practice spar. if she wanted to get violent while practicing her fighting skills, she should turn to a less hurt-able object than a herdmate. This twisted and dried tree was perfect, and produced some extremely satisfying cracking noises every time her hooves slammed into it. She shifted her weight off her left hind hoof, feeling the beginnings of soreness in her legs. While kicks could carry a lot of power, especially ones directed at an enemy's jaw or neck, kicking up that high tended to strain one's muscles. Maybe she should switch to her front hooves.

She approached the tree again, privately wondering just how much abuse the grey trunk could take before it snapped all the way. She reared up onto her hind legs, wings half-spreading to help keep her balance, then kicked out her front hooves, hitting the bark with a hard thunk. A grin tugged briefly at her maw as she imagined the tree instead being the nose of that arrogant unicorn Crowley. She wouldn't mind giving him a swift kick to the face. She continued to pound away at the tree, a faint sheen of sweat starting to show on her coat. Maybe she'd take a swim after she was done here.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Sand, Scrubland, and Friendly Criticism [Note/Open] - by Aryel - 01-20-2013, 09:40 AM