I've got one hoof in the grave already [open]

Kronos Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Kronos
In a world full of twists and cruelty
The corpse has countless stories to tell

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

The rain had recently let up and a mist still hung on the pre-dawn forest. It made the moonlight appear as a haze instead of finite beams casting everything in a silver gleam. It was that moment of time when the moon was brightest right before slipping down behind the horizon. This didn't serve any purpose, seeing as the shadows in the forest were just as deep as ever and the post-rain mist was making it impossible to see very well. Still, it seemed not everything could be discouraged from walking about. A shadow of movement flickered as a small, rickety old stallion made his way along a path. He seemed to be about old enough to be thrown to the dogs. The leathery wings on his back were ratty and full of holes near the edge of the membrane. His coat was scruffy and covered in dirt stains that hid his original dappled grey coloring. His mane and tail were a collection of dreadlocks, braids, and loose hairs.

His hooves were overgrown and cracked, pieces of them were even broken off, but they didn't seem to bother him, as his stride was strong and sure... if a little unsteady as he swayed from side to side in the throes of whatever twisted thought was running through his mind. These thoughts were mostly harmless, as he had a wide smile on his face. His messy forelock hung into his eyes, hiding their color. Actually, this might be why he was swaying so badly, because he couldn't see. Still, he paused, looking downwards as he came to the skeleton of some poor sod who seemed to have run amok with his life... or hers. He couldn't really tell. Instead of running away, or acting frightened, the little pony let out a delighted chuckle.

"Kehehehe... look at the way this one's all sprawled out." His voice was high pitched, scratchy and drawlish so he seemed a, unused to using it, and b, whimsical in tone all the time. "I wonder what happened to him, hmmm? Maybe he became someone else's lunch. Ooooh what delight, oh happy day. Kehehehehe...." The old man began to tug at a cannon bone to add it to the collection but it proved too heavy for him to move so he instead broke off a rib bone and turned with the thing in his mouth to run it through one of the tangles so that it would hang as a grisly decoration. He shook his forelock out of his eyes to admire his work, nodding once in a decisive way before he continued on. The shade of the eye that appeared was an intense amber, not brown, not yellow, but a rich, soft gold.

He felt the rib bone fall out of his mane not 3 strides later, but he did not seem to care, because he did not turn around to collect it again. He was humming to himself and placing one hoof in front of the other to walk straight ahead without stopping, at least until he bumped headfirst into something, or someone. The little pony fell backwards onto his haunches and rolled backwards onto his back, looking up through his thick forelock at what, or who, he had hit with a dazed expression on his face. He din't seem to be upset though, as he simply started to laugh that eerie laugh of his.

"Keheheheh, heheheh!"

Open!
I really don't care who he bumps into, so long as you don't mind him being a harmless creeper. xD

Messages In This Thread
I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Kronos - 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Calvariam - 01-21-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Sumati - 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Kronos - 01-26-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Calvariam - 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Sumati - 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Kronos - 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Calvariam - 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Sumati - 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Kronos - 02-26-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Sumati - 03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: I've got one hoof in the grave already [open] - by Kronos - 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM