the Rift

one true believer [Azeen, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I have never truly considered how far the Threshold is from the Throat. It is a simply thing, to fly from one to the other, but to walk is another story. I have never tried it before now, and perhaps the lengthy stroll would have made me long for the skies in another situation, but my attention is absorbed by the youngling beside me. I murmur softly to her as we travel, pointing out landmarks, laughing at her antics, watching for danger. I am glad that Note was so accepting of her, even without knowing the full story. There is so much that I must tell him! My past is long and complicated, and he has trusted me with his. And yet I have remained silent on the subject. I shake my head, chiding myself silently, and make a note to find him one day, when we have time to speak alone.

The ground is changing beneath my hooves, shifting from soft, emerald grass to golden sand. It is warm today, and I can tell that Birdsong is coming to an end. It makes me sad, in a way - I love the season of new life. More so, I do not look forward to a summer in the desert. But my friends and family are all here, and I will not leave them, no matter how disgustingly hot it may become. I walk onward, careful not to leave my little one behind - I am sure that she is tired by now, and I have no desire to lose her again. "Just a bit farther, Little Grey," I tell her affectionately, reaching my maw out to nudge her rump, as though coaxing her forward. It is easy to give in to these mothering instincts, and for that I am glad - after all, I will have my own foals one day, and I hope to be a good mother to them.

It is not long before we can see the oasis. "Do you see the green, my dear?" I ask her, gesturing toward our desert's hidden gem. "That is the oasis, and that is where we live." As we grow closer, it is apparent that the oasis is much larger than one might originally think. After all, we are a large herd, and yet it is large enough to accomodate all of us. I am not entirely convinced that the Sun God does not command it to grow with each new addition, but that is neither here nor there. "Here we are," I finally announce, my hooves resting once more on lush carpet, our little lake nearby. I will allow Azeen to choose where to go from here.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
one true believer [Azeen, open] - by Sohalia - 01-21-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: one true believer [Azeen, open] - by Azeen "Zelda" Gale - 01-23-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: one true believer [Azeen, open] - by Sohalia - 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM