the Rift

[open] Beating like a Hammer

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Perhaps I had expected company other than the large brute before me because I was not all too surprised to see Romani when she approached moments later. That’s not to say that I was reluctant to see her, in fact her own recruiting efforts were to be admired. If only I had been quick enough to recruit her myself when she first came to Helovia... She was an animal to be admired with a beautiful coat made up of the finest gold. She was kind as well, mirthful in her advance as she offered me a warm greeting along with the dark stallion before us. We were quite a sight to see, all of hefty heritage. I was glad to find that I didn’t feel so out of place in their company, despite the deformity of my feathered extensions.

My eyes roved along the two, falling still only when I had decided that courtesy beseeched me. I nodded diligently to Romani before letting the quiet words escape my lips. “I have been just as well and I only hope for you the same. It is a quite a delight to see you once more.” I smiled tenderly at the mare before focusing my attention upon the lackluster animal in which we both sought. It was a drive in both of us that demanded immediate attention. Our homes were everything to us; our family pushing us beyond societal norms to advance and strive against the withering frost in order to seek growth and expansion. While it was a pity that our leads were not here to witness our many attempts to gain favor amongst the Threshold inhabitants, our efforts had surely not gone unnoticed.

But it wasn’t long until reverie was ripped from my grappling fingers to be tossed aside for conversation of the darker sort. His voice was strong, capable and I only hoped that this animal possessed the same quality beyond his rough exterior. However, part of me questioned what had sent him here in search of redemption. I nodded quietly as she spoke, breathing in his words like a man starved for life. He told no story of woe and tempted us with nothing other than the truth.

For this, I respected him.

However, his ending inquiry did not sit well upon my ears. I had only ever heard of such a name and I certainly could not put a face to the word. I wanted to answer his questions more than anything, but this was beyond my care. I knew that at one time he had perhaps been part of the Foothills, but it was unclear if he still remained; being that Jackal had taken care of demoting any who stood to challenge him. I hadn’t any real opinion on the matter though because I had no idea what kind of leader he proved to be. He was fresh from the bottom and while that meant nothing in terms of importance, I knew that Mirage would stand to shake his reputation as it stood against her own solid rule.

She had come from the very bottom all the way to the top and I think this warrior would do well to encounter her vision, even if he decided that The Edge was not an ideal home for him. “I’ve no real knowledge of Paladin, but I’ve heard much tall tale of the man. However, I’m sure that Mirage, my liege, has had first-hand encounters with the stallion if you wish to speak of him. She resides in The Edge, which is where I call home and no matter where your heart leads you today, she would be more than happy to answer your questions should they arise.” My lips shuttered as they closed, settling over my teeth and resting quietly as I looked upon the Unicorn now. It was only a matter of time now before Romani and I found out the answer to our own questions.

Where would he go from here?
Thor

Messages In This Thread
[open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Thor - 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Romani - 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 01-25-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Thor - 01-28-2013, 02:01 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Ophelia - 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Romani - 01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Ophelia - 02-12-2013, 03:01 AM