the Rift

[open] Beating like a Hammer
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had been far too enveloped in her own life to visit the Threshold in some time. She regretted not welcoming the new faces into Helovia as of late, so she wandered now through the trees, hopeful. The Grey needed more members, but they were quickly outgrowing their use of the Wilds. Unfortunately, only a few paths lay before them now, and she was not looking forward to any of them. For now, she would keep those matters to herself for the choices which lay ahead were so dark for such a fine day. The alabaster mare missed the snow, but she could not deny the beauty of Birdsong beneath evergreen trees and singing birds. A sun, bright and warm filtered through the leaves and nettles, casting a warm glow on the horizon.

Tinek flew leisurely between the trees, glad that for once, his bond mate did not seem entirely unraveled. Silver scales flashed in the light as the young dragon made wide loops and aerial spins, discovering his abilities slowly. Crimson eyes always had an eye on Ophelia, and he shared his inner most thoughts with her, though she was unable to understand him clearly. Instead, he shoved pictures and images into her head that she seemed to process well enough. Colors were emotions and pictures were actions, though he longed to speak whatever language she used to think. She was fascinating to him, and he wanted to know more. Perhaps if he learned her language, then he could learn the language of the other's too.

A pegasus, a dark unicorn and an equine stood in the distance, and he shoved pictures into her mind. She furrowed her brows curiously, and he watched, wondering if she knew of them. Tinek was glad that her memories were returned now, as he found comfort in her knowing and remembering everything in detail. He felt safer with her detailed and complete mental images in her head, and though he could not understand the voices, he could read the pictures. The black unicorn caught her interest and he mentally sighed. Why could she not remember and know more pleasant individuals? Like the half-wolf. He paused as he considered the irony of that situation. Ophelia was a danger-loving conundrum who vexed him immensely.

Ophelia's cloven hooves carried her onto the scene a few moments later, and she smiled pleasantly at Romani, remembering running out on her, Osiris and Nadira not too long ago. She nodded to the copper colored mare, apology in her strange, dual colored eyes. "Romani," she said kindly. "I am sorry for running out on your before, but I was not myself." Quite literally, in fact. Then, a grin moved across her lips as she stared at her uncle. She wondered if he would recognize her all grown up and white. When she was born, she had been a charcoal shade, looking more like her uncle than her mother. Then, she had turned to a white at age one after coming to Helovia. Ophelia was glad to see Donovan. He had been there on the beach when Nyra had kidnapped her, and she still remembered his short but meaningful words.

Phi waited a moment to see if he would recognize her, the crimson tresses and strange colored eyes her only remaining, defining features. "Donovan!" she finally exclaimed. "I am Ophelia, your niece. My father is in the Foothills currently, where dear Romani comes from," she said with a jovial smile. Another lost face, presumed dead, could be marked off of the list of names in her mind. One more saved. One more accounted for. One less expression to haunt her memories forever.

The alabaster mare turned to the bay pegasus and to Romani. "Donovan is my uncle, a former warrior of the Tides. He is Paladin's brother." Her eyes rested on Thor then, and she dipped her head in a polite hello. "I am Ophelia, of the Grey," she introduced. Tinek came to rest on her withers then, grinning from horn to horn. Meeting new horses was always so fascinating. He wished Comadre was here to join in the fun.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
[open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Thor - 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Romani - 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 01-25-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Thor - 01-28-2013, 02:01 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Ophelia - 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Romani - 01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Ophelia - 02-12-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM