Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

The threat given by Phaedra had a face.

The stallion's name was Tio, and by the serious tone in which the mare from the Gray had told me of his plans, I had expected for the boy to me more impressive upon meeting him. Instead, as usual, I was left wanting from my interaction with a stranger. I suppose I should stop getting my hopes up and just accept the fact that most in this land are going to annoy me somehow, regardless of how highly someone speaks of them in one moment. I did not know Phaedra, but the confidence she had bestowed in the stallion was rather misguided, I thought. What kind of an idiot not only tells a neutral party of their plans, but gets caught red handed scoping out their land of choice? I shake my head mirthlessly. I had already laugh enough on the part of Tio, but now it was time to be serious.

Idiots tend to breed more idiots, and I was certain wherever Tio went, the mindless or the lost would cling to him like dirt on my hooves. Despite the confidence in my abilities and those of my family, if you gather enough mindless drones into one area, they can swarm and potentially ruin everything. I could not allow this to happen, and I would not. Tio's first mistake would lead to many others, and I would take great pleasure in educating just how foolish he had been to threaten me. While I mourned taking my kin to battle once more, there was no other option. I was not asking them to defend another of our allies. I was asking them to defend themselves. I would stand by and protect as many as possible, losing my life if that were the price to keep them safe. There would be no disappointment in leaving this world guarding those I covet more than any fine jewel.

Walking easily into the great bowl of crimson waves, I stomp my hooves, gathering about the wind which dances about me, and bellow a greeting which is carried on the sails of the air that I send outward. A message for every member of the Throat that this was a matter that could not be ignored. I must speak with them. "CHILDREN OF THE DESERT, HEAR MY CALL. ANSWER ME." They come like grains of sand in the wind, starting small but growing large as their numbers increase, pooling into the orange dome and staring with curious eyes, while some still appeared bored. I smile, knowing all too well how tiring listening to my monolgues could potentially be. They had heard several, but this was not one that would drag on. Sumati comes to stand by my side, and I nod in greeting, my face solemn and tired.

When familiar faces had gathered round, I stomp my back hoof heavily several times upon the red earth, calling quiet the ramblings and muttered conversation between acquaintances. We would need to come together as a family to defeat this threat. We would be prepared by the time Tio had raised an army.

"The time for battle is near," I say, my voice deadly serious and worn heavily. "A stallion who goes by the name of Tio, a golden brute with white slashes upon his sides and points of black, has been gracious enough to warn us of his intent to invade our home.

"I am willing to give my life for my family, but I will still need your aid to keep this home safe. We will answer his challenge, not with fear, but with the passion and determination I know each of us possess. Since we have fair warning, we will begin preparations for battle immediately. Every soldier is expected to train, and I would ask that any who are of able body attempt to learn the arts of defense as well.

"Aryel and Levi will henceforth bear the title of Sergeant, their promotions taking effect immediately. All Generals and Sergeants will be needed to train our soldiers as well as our citizens and pupils, and I will be offering my services as an opponent. Xira and her informants will be asked to gather all information on Tio's movements possible, as well as tracking his allies and numbers. I do not want to be taken by surprise."

I look out over the crowd, my face brave and still, but not without the fire of determination burning in my eyes. I will not bow to this.
""

[ OOC; Sumati will post further announcements as well, but you may post as you wish. ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Cera - 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Levi - 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sumati - 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Ázzuen - 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM