the Rift

Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Shine your light on me in the dark</style>

Some of my fears are about to be realized. But I blissfully don’t know this yet; and why would I? Today seemed to be like any other blue sky, spring day—my time was spent patrolling, training a little with eager soldiers, and finding me more than willing by sunset to see a certain little boy who had been through a hard few weeks. In light of recent events, our days have been spent in quiet and calm.

My plan was to use time for healing past pains.

When Kri’s call came, I had just taken leave for lunch and was getting into the oasis; a smile creased face and eyes sought three familiar sights. One of which wouldn’t be happy to see me… Fina was rarely by my side anymore, and the fault was mine alone to carry. When morning or night shift called, I left her behind to keep watch over Cera, and at first she willingly complied with only a small speck of reserve.

Resentment didn’t start to take root until about two weeks into babysitting. Her young age didn’t lend much understanding—she was after all…still only a babe.

Jealous of my deep affections for the cherub, she began to shut me out. Cold silence was the only greeting to be had during our daily reunions; and when I pressed for answer to her troubles, struggling to communicate, she puffed feathers and all but snarled at my attempts.

The silence card was being dealt.

"CHILDREN OF THE DESERT, HEAR MY CALL. ANSWER ME."

Sultana calls, and only the stupid would refuse to answer. Ears inch towards skull and I freeze, body grows rigid and worried lines began to shadow a previous smile in predetermined dread. Again our leader was summoning the group. Gathering my little family together, I led them to our meeting place; trying to ease any tension that Cera might be feeling through conversation.

“How did your morning go?” I ask lightly. It was a vain attempt at best, but I knew of nothing else to do to take mind from worrying before there was a reason to worry. Fina flew overhead, watchful but stony silent. Her sorrows were going to have to be dealt with on a later day.

We pile between stones, front and center to our leaders. I look on and wait for the meeting to start, a smile or two is sent toward ladies and gents that are known, save for that, I am silent. Little flaming avian descends and lands across my spine. Her icy reserve cracking under the circumstance presented. She had never seen a gathering of so many horses before, this had awakened natural childlike curiously…but also fear. Out of fear she clings to me, yet outward appearance wouldn’t show any amount of this.

I soothed silently through our bond, and felt her respond favorably to the attention for the first time in weeks. She hummed quietly, and dipped head before falling silent. "The time for battle is near,” my face grew harder with each word that was spoken. Tapered only by the promotion of two soldiers, before growing grim when eyes cast themselves down to the innocent life at my feet. I'll be damned if this rouge would place a single step into this land.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Cera - 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Levi - 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sumati - 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Ázzuen - 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM