the Rift

Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting]

Xylia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
good evening,
my name is XYLIA

Blind Mare comes. Blind Mare, Deaf Mare, follows the strengthening scent of family. Family she has not met, apart from Sumati, not that she knows the name. I mean, I know the name. What am I talking about? Oh, I don't know. Don't pay attention to me. I'm often at a loss in this world that moves too quickly or too slowly for my steady pace. All I know is that the Sun Goddess watches over me with warm eyes, over my slow, hobbling form that distantly registers this pull in my gut, a pull that sends me towards this herd meeting. I do not fly, unlike some others whom may, because I'm afraid of flying.

A pegasus afraid of flying? You might think, incredulous. But if you were not only blind, but deaf as well, you would be afraid of venturing into the great blue yonder as well. There is even less safety than down here. I'm terrified of it, terrified of launching up, even though I miss the sweet wind on my face and steady beat of my wings. Now, the only purpose my wings serve is to keep me warm in the cool desert nights. I am aware I'm in a desert now, and for that I'm relieved- there are much fewer things to navigate around. All I do is follow the flat sands and drink the cold water from a pond or a lake I discovered, and keep away from the majority of the herd.

It's nice enough here. Calm, peaceful. Warm! I love the warmth seeping into my bones, which soften the ache of my stiff joints and the cracks and creaks one may hear when I begin to move after a night's rest. The Sun Goddess is kind here. I have no idea that the Sun God, is, in fact, a he- I wouldn't know. Only Amastersu is the male god of the sky, and he controls the setting of the sun. A poorly job, I think, for he does not have power over the night or over the day's light. Ah well, here I go rambling again.

I stop politely, after I bump into someone, and mumble dry apologies, turning my head to try and find the source of commotion, but it's impossible. So instead I wait and pretend to be listening, tail-tip twitching with impatience, and when I feel the vibrations of horses dispersing, I leave as well, back to the lake where I will sip my water and cool my ears.

"Talk talk talk,"

Messages In This Thread
Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Cera - 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Levi - 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sumati - 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Ázzuen - 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM