the Rift

I thrive in spilled blood [Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

It was dark now, shadows shivered as cool spring air slipped through the green undergrowth to dance a gleeful song that nobody with earthly ears could hear. A moonless night always made these timbers seem jagged and sharp; like I could accidently cut myself by brushing against a leaf. But forests and trees with knife like leaves weren’t what spun through my mind in broken existence. I walked tonight for the same reason all sleepless creatures choose to deny rest—a full mind.

Here…let me describe some of these problems. A battle loomed, my child was recovering from unnecessary trauma, my bonded babe was having jealousy issues, I was in love with the leader of the Grey, and that pale bloodied brute of a man still hadn’t shown his nasty face. Ivory’s ground together; making the most horrid sound, frustration, anger…I was drowning in it. Where were the calm, peace and tranquility?

At this point it was yet to be decided who actually received the brunt of this unexplainable anger. Right now, I would have to say without a doubt it was Fina. Thankfully she could only feel my irritation and for once didn’t argue when I left her back at home to keep an eye on a certain creamy colt--whilst I walked, talked and thought.

All to myself.

My steps weren’t dainty or careful either; but also without wholesome racket. Each hoof fall crunched something that would surely alert even witlessly dull creatures. Eventually my anger simmered back behind the line of breakage and I paused, a terribly deep frown threatened to give more worry lines if something didn’t chase it away soon. Turning gaze up at an empty sky, my heart tightened and throbbed for comfort—Cera had me…but I….sorrow came. Sorrow for my own weak and pitiful bitterness, “Give me strength,” I prayed just above a whisper into the night.

Knowing that he (my lord), would hear.

Another voice came, soft and distant. Though not the answer to my prayer, "Are we lost, little girl?" Ears followed head at a perk and neck twisted round in surprise. Had I really been so absorbed in selfish self that I didn’t even notice that someone stood nearby. Suddenly washed with paternal concern that pushed idle pondering on a backburner, I slathered forward. My steps were carelessly bold now; whoever lay ahead might be trouble, or they might be in trouble.

Emerging through dense growth, with wings tightly held against barrel. I quickly gauged the curious pair that stood before me; one a brother I didn’t readily recognize, and the other certainly not a girl that sparked memory.

“Apologies,” tenured tones rumbled harshly but not without polite ring. Standing still now and regarding both in turn, I decided that an offering of explanation would sooth any ruffling, “I overheard your words and mistook the sound. I do hope that my presence isn’t intruding.”

Words were directed to them both, but eyes landed with final point towards the snowy avian. My suspicion about this man remained evident, and I wasn’t going to leave until our red hued mare gave me positive sign that all was well. Or negative sign. Turning attention to her, my voice finds softness and asks, “How fairs your night m’lady?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Satan - 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Wilder - 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Wilder - 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Midas - 01-24-2013, 01:09 AM
RE: I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Satan - 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Midas - 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: I thrive in spilled blood [Open] - by Satan - 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM