the Rift

:: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

(I know I said I would pass this one, but I guess I'll give it a shot.)

The rapidly-growing group was joined by an additional horse, a compact yet petite blue mare with ebony wings. Nods were given to Sierra and Midas, as well as the elderly mare that bore the Throat scent but didn't seem quite...all there. She had been present at the herd's latest gathering, but had said virtually nothing. Turning her attention from Xylia, Aryel scanned the other horses, ears pricking up in interest. They had a medley of scents, from the snowy Basin to the grass-tinged Foothills and even one, a pegasus with strangely small wings, who bore an almost lavender-tinted Edge smell. She recognized none of them, save the Throat horses.

None, except for a very obnoxious bucksin.

Her ears went down at the sight of Tio, and she snorted angrily. The bastard had been chased out of the Throat, but not before he nearly gave Kri and Levi a good kicking. "I see something hasn't taken mercy on the rest of us and eaten you yet." she snapped at him as she walked by, tail flicking upwards in an attempt to sting his eyes.

Ignoring the stud for now, she focused her attention on the stallion in the center of the group, an enormous brown hybrid. He seemed old, very old, but there was a sort of lively energy in him, with an undertone of unmistakable authority that took an edge off her cockiness. Aryel's birth herd was aware of the gods, but she had never seen any depictions of them, and although she had been told of them when she was a filly her memory was foggy as to their appearances. Aryel relaxed slightly, finding no threat in the horse, indeed, she found him a little bit likeable already. The strange feeling that had drawn her here seemed to feel strongest around the hybrid as well. She cleared her throat, hoping to grab his attention for a moment. "I'm not quite sure who you are," she said, smiling faintly, "but am I correct in assuming you're the reason we've all gathered here?"

(Was turned down in the Veins once before: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=3475)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
:: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Random Event - 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Thor - 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Larkspur - 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Adele - 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Xanthos - 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Quilyan - 01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Tamme - 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Catillatio - 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM