the Rift

:: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Congratulations Thor!

For this drop, since my magic/items/etc formula didn't work and after more discussion seemed unfair to punish characters who have more, it was done entirely randomly.

First of all, I made a list of character's names. One name was put into the list for the post on this thread. One additional name was put in for each rejection (after checking them all for legitimacy).

I put all the names into this list randomizer that they would all get scrambled. This way, none of the numbers depend on who posts at which time and multiple names are not squished together.

The randomized list appears as follows. Each number will represent a side of the dice to be used.

Then, I chose a 19 sided dice and rolled once. The number 11 was landed on. I cross listed that with the list, and tada! Thor was chosen.

Notes:
1. Due to the giveaways, only one character will be chosen for a quest this time.
2. You cannot quest for the ability to bond to more than one companion.
3. This drop is only for normal companions, items, or earth/water magic, not for mythicals, fire magic or anything else.
4. From this point forward, Thor will be unable to list any already used rejections to put his name in more than once.
5. VotG "extra rolls" will put your character's name in the pot an additional time.

The God of the Earth proudly looked at those who gathered, ears tilting back at one foolish mare who ran into him. He snorted, the god-stallion's body like the walls of a fortress, unyielding. What he saw ultimately when they all gathered was evidence of the Time God's disgust with the mortals, and he frowned slightly. Of course there were those who displayed respect for his stature and heavenly nature, but too many treated him like just another stallion. Were they all too immune to the uniqueness of magic and the gods? Had they grown complacent in his kindness? Foolish, even?

Midas was always a pleasant sight, and he smiled kindly to the painted one, nodding his head in recognition. As he looked among many faces, he also looked at hearts. Mirage was loyal to his sister and fiercely loyal to her own, but she had much where others had little. After being under the Moon's tutelage for so long, she had rarely known the rejection others had faced. Aryel seemed kind enough, but also spoke rather quickly and nearly demanded attention with her words and actions. Vincent had unresolved issues that appeared to run deeply, but was the earth truly what he desired? A close eye would have to be kept on that one. Catillatio asked a legitimate question, but the God of the Earth knew that he needed more time in this land to understand the beauty of magic.

Quilyan was timid and shy, but of good heart. But she had not been as rejected as a few others who had gathered, still trusting. Xanthos also was kind. The young filly with the dragon perhaps needed some maturing, and she also possessed where others did not. Larkspur was troubled, he felt, uncomfortable in the presence of others. That saddened his spirit. Sierra seemed as changing as the Tides, but Thor was a quiet and kind soul among many. The God of the Earth had made his choice, and he smiled gently. "Thor," he rumbled deeply. "Many have gathered, but I admire your heart and trust despite our busy lives and absence at your previous callings. Would you accept a quest now?"

Messages In This Thread
:: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Random Event - 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Thor - 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Larkspur - 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Adele - 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Xanthos - 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Quilyan - 01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Tamme - 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: :: Quest Drop #1 :: Earth God - by Catillatio - 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM