the Rift

a new toy

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The stone crunched under her hoof, and for the moment, the shade wished that she could have kept it. It was so pretty, after all. But the time for such thoughts was quickly gone, as a wall of shadow approached her face. She panicked, briefly, as the mist blinded her, choked her, invading through any orifice it could find. But something in it called to her still, and she forced calm, made herself relax. Immediately, the mist abated, and she knew that its power had become a part of her. A cold smile crossed her maw, for she knew what the power held. She knew what she could do with just a simple thought.

"Lady Psyche!" The call was Aviya's, as were the quick hoofbeats. The Empress turned her head to assure the youngling that she was alright, but was surprised by the gentle touch to her shoulder. "Do you need d'Artagnan? I can find him." The filly had turned again, as though waiting for her to collapse, waiting for a reason to run off and find the doctor. "Calm yourself, Aviya - it takes much more than that to harm me." She paused, took a step back, glanced at the crushed rock beneath her hoof. It was plain now, with nothing special about it. It reminded her of herself. She turned away.

"A trio of griffons visited our land a short time ago and gave me a stone of immense power. If I am not mistaken, and I rarely am, the mist that you witnessed was magic, which has now taken root in my mind. I shall have to find a test subject, it would seem." Explanation given, the shade looked the flicka over. She was growing into a mature, dedicated creature, loyal to her parents, her leader, and their cause. It was no less that what she expected from the Nightshade and his nurse, but it enthralled her nonetheless. "I am glad you are here, darling. I've been meaning to speak with you."

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
a new toy - by Psyche - 01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
RE: a new toy - by Random Event - 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
RE: a new toy - by Aviya - 01-23-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: a new toy - by Psyche - 01-28-2013, 04:05 PM