Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

Paladin shook his crest as the sting from his torn mane pushed into the forefront of his mind, and he was even more convinced that he needed to lop the entire bunch of hair off. Smoke was surprisingly fast for her muscular form, and he was impressed by her ability to foresee on the battlefield. Foresight was a tool most warriors learned after many battles and long, torturous wars; however, in some, it was a natural gift. perhaps with more spars, she could develop this gift into a lethal skill. In all honesty, this spar was exciting. The pounding of his heart brought back the fond memories of his past, and he took to this fight among friends like a bird to the sky.

The crimson and black stallion felt his hooves collide with strong, muscled ribs, and the impulse jarred his body as well. He quickly regained his balance and glanced back to see the damage. His hooves, with naturally trimmed and uneven edges took off the silvery hair from her side, and thick welts marked the path they took on her barrel. Paladin moved away and turned quickly, arching his neck in a defensive stance as a thick cloud of smoke suddenly enveloped the two warriors. He could barely see his own hooves in the dark, and the scent made him want to cough. It stung his eyes, causing clear tears to leak down his face.

Paladin barely managed to stifle his coughing, and he shifted on the grass, knowing that his only saving grace would be to keep moving. He did not know if Smoke could see him, so he had to be aware. Ears swiveled on his head as he tried to rely only on his remaining sense for awareness. Thundering hooves told him that something was coming, but what and how, he could not know. Paladin felt the air shift around him, and he reared onto his hind legs, front hooves curling beneath to protect his stomach.

She collided into his body, sending him reeling onto his hind legs. Paladin was strong and tall, but he was not built with a low enough center of gravity to allow him to stay upright if he was pushed over while rearing. He was forced to lower his front end to the ground and scramble backwards, and her jaws caught on his back instead of his crest. The tender nerves along his spine screamed out at him to move, but his strained rear muscles locked into place. He scrambled on the grass, forcing his curled hocks to push his body forward, sending her ivories down his spine, tearing hair out along the way. His upward motion forced her teeth deeper, drawing blood.

This made him smile in a grimace. It had been a long time since he had battled with an opponent worthy enough to draw his blood. Once out from under her, he grunted and stretched his joints, bowing his head kindly to signify the end of their spar. "Thank you, Smoke, he said with a short laugh, punched out by a painful breath. "You have urged me to remember what it is like to be a warrior."

[Closing Defense | Paladin is confused by the smoke and rears up as she does, so her body collides with his, he moves forward and her teeth get his back and not his neck. They scrape off fur and draw blood ]

ABOVE ALL ELSE, EQUALITY

Messages In This Thread
First Move [Smoke] - {Judge me!} - by Paladin - 07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: First Move [Smoke] - by Smoke - 07-11-2012, 01:48 AM
RE: First Move [Smoke] - by Paladin - 07-13-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: First Move [Smoke] - by Smoke - 07-18-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: First Move [Smoke] - by Paladin - 07-18-2012, 03:56 PM