the Rift

a stroke of gold, midas
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
From on high I soar, midmorning air rushing through each feather. Bannering tail fluttered behind like a white flag of surrender. Usually flailing limbs were bent at a tuck instead of grabbing fruitlessly at empty sky. Today I was content to move at whatever speed the wind declared. Content. This was the emotion every Pegasus wanted to feel, perhaps every creature in his or her own way. We as a species had chosen long along to be embraced by the wild wind, and find peace with the natural world below.

Powerful, calm, and in-control; these were feelings I got when flying. This mortal body was perhaps my only leverage on life, mostly because so many things in my short existence was within control. But I could control just where a hot sun scored warmth across my back. When to pump wings into moist uplifts so that would carry their earthly brother higher without extra effort from wings.

Curiously alert gaze cast itself across the wide expansion ahead, watching as speeding landscaped shifted. Emerald faded to mocha, then tan, and finally aqua. Wonder still sparked within this soul whenever eyes beheld the mighty appearance of an endless palate of blue. These sights brought back fond memories of youth, and my time spent along the shores as a child. Playing in the sand and swimming until skin was puckered and wrinkled. A powerful screech broke idle thoughts of childhood; I turn to see, though I already know who is catching up. A bird of flaming wings comes up beside me; banking left until our speeds matched.

Pride couldn’t help but bloom whenever my eyes were upon her. She had grown over the past few months, body and voice getting stronger by the day. Our bond was also cinching tighter. Already wordless emotions began to wrap deeper. Soon we would understand each other completely.

Fina is forever an appearance of glory and fire. Her body was streamline, granting speed and grace; growing feathers were painted along the tips with the deepest of violets before melting into a sunrise of crimson, burnt orange and pale cream. Surprisingly out of the ordinary, my fire child was in a pleasant mood; her simple glee a surprise to make this day even better.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
a stroke of gold, midas - by Israfel - 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: a stroke of gold, midas - by Midas - 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: a stroke of gold, midas - by Israfel - 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: a stroke of gold, midas - by Midas - 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM