the Rift

Tale as Old as Time | Open

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

The Cursed</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

Why shouldn't she just tell them. After all, wouldn't the fact that she was cursed, better explain her situation, and perhaps make the transformation into her true self, should they ever see her again, that much more dramatic? Why was she lying - it wasn't as though the Goddess had forbidden her from speaking of what happened...One would think she should have, forcing Phae to bear the burden of her curse in silence. But she hadn't. So why was the once golden-mare forcing herself into silence unnecessarily? Flicking the stump of her tail against her body as she lay in the grasses, she considered this, only being pulled out by Cal's question.

Spe-shul she was calling her. In fact, Phae found that she didn't mind the name; was she not special?

Slowly, the wrinkled mare nodded, casting her sunken gaze first to Cal, then to Roland with a sigh. "I am part of 'he Grey. I am a s-py." Licking her toothless gums, she snorted in frustration, annoyed at how bumpy her speech sounded. "I was curs'd. By 'he Goddess o' 'he moon." She offered, shrugging her bony shoulders. "It shhhouldn't last much longer." She finished with a sigh.

What would they think, knowing she had been cursed? Only Soh, Ktu, and Tolio actually knew...Tolio was annoyed with her, given the root-cause of the curse, Ktulu...well, hadn't cared much, so long as she continue her duties to the Grey, and Soh? Well...She had initially seemed disappointed that Phae would be so careless, especially when she was pregnant, but Phae had expected nothing less from her snowy-friend. Shifting her gaze back to Cal for a moment, she tilted her head with a weary smile. "No. I'm not okay." She concluded.

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Tale as Old as Time | Open - by Phaedra - 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: Tale as Old as Time | Open - by Calvariam - 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Tale as Old as Time | Open - by Phaedra - 02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Tale as Old as Time | Open - by Roland - 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: Tale as Old as Time | Open - by Calvariam - 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Tale as Old as Time | Open - by Phaedra - 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM