the Rift

All will turn to silver glass. [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
the screams the nobody hears, are bellowed the loudest at night

I was up at the crack of dawn, not necessarily bright eyed and bushy tailed. But up. With a sheeted gaze that longed for more rest, these limbs were forced to find strength and push an unwilling body up from our warm bed under the magnolia tree. Fina stirred from one of its lower branches.

The tree was where she rousted every night; one eye peered at me while the other remained tightly closed. Halfway hoping that my mind and routine would suddenly change on a whim, I glanced her way and half smiled at how ridiculously cute this phoenix was, “Come on little lady, rise and shine.” She scowled and hissed, but ruffled feathers and started to shimming and shaking those sleepy blues away.

The last few stars were fading from a paling sky. Each would find their spot to rest, until later called awake. My attention fell on a growing bundle of legs and feathers; it would seem Cera had decided to sleep in. His bonded panda nuzzled to take the place of my warmth when lean body started shivering and moaning soft fretful sounds of distress. Lowering squared muzzle to him and washing those little ears with warm breath I whisper gently, “Rest easy, we will be back in a few hours.” Ilaria, turned those bright eyes to look at me, curious I suppose—softly I added firm direction, “Look after him in my place.” She couldn’t understand the words, but hopefully my tone had gotten across.

Duties started early and training even earlier. Muscles had to be warmed and ready for the long day ahead. This routine was actually normal, as regular as the seasons. But something made my mornings slightly less bright and cheery, something that had been haunting every little throatier for the past few days. An invasion loomed. Throat was on high alert; this creed demanded that all brothers and sisters prepare themselves for battle.

Which is what every commanding post was thus far doing, prepping our new blood for war and honor. Blood and sweat was spilled upon the sand for the glory of what was to come. We had to be ready for anything, and everything. What saddened me is that many believed that this battle would be easy, that our opponent unworthy to take seriously.

I disagreed. A fool with breeding rights would surely create more fools of the like. Brave fools that would challenge a herd without thought of pointless life lost. It was stupidity that gave bad names to unicorns, equines, and Pegasus alike.

This was a grim but necessary truth the commanded all of my time and energy of late; but willingness to respond was why they had labeled me honored title of 'General'. Greater responsibility caused heavier burden to stretch across these shoulders, and it often left me to wonder if they were broad enough for carrying the hopes and dreams of my soldiers?

Walking toward a rising sun, my wings unfurl to stretch the final flecks of sleep from their bends. By this time Fina had fully arose and was heading into the morning sky for her breakfast. My own stomach rumbled in agreement but churned instead for a herbivore diet. Before I could even think about food though, something had to be done about a dry mouth that literally felt caked layers of grit.

Attention was turned toward the lake, and then beyond that the rolling hills. On my way out of the oasis I catch sight of a bay woman just a short ways off and give pause. Her face was hidden by grass, but visible markings unrecognizable. New blood? I wondered, or a possible soldier? Staring to long wasn’t only rude, it was sure to draw attention.

Right on cue my little phoenix screeches from above, her talons locked across a desert serpent. It head had been torn off, she lands a little ways ahead of me and starts to tear it open. My mind recoils in slight disgust, while hers hums vibrantly with pleasure. Innocently I gaze up, knowing that it was possible my little carnivore had just turned off not one but two appetites, “Good morning m’lady, forgive my friend here…she seems to be lacking manners of late.” Our little muncher continued to crunch along as if she was the only beast alive.

Code by Neo
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Midas - 01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM