the Rift

All will turn to silver glass. [Midas]

Ree Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ree.
“I’m glad you have settled into this family, life as an outcast must have been hard.”

Ree’s warm smile only brightens further at the painted stallion’s concern, and she once more looks bashfully at her hooves, unused to such attention from a stranger. Midas seems like a compassionate soul, slow to anger and patient, if his interactions with his companion were anything to judge by. At Fina’s commotion Ree glances toward the pretty bird, and though her first reaction is to wrinkle her nose at the somewhat gruesome sight of the huntress’ kill, the exchange between the phoenix and Midas only serves to cause the bay mare to laugh once more. Their ease of communication is enviable, a connection that she longs for in a way of her own. Perhaps she’d find a way to duplicate such a thing, but for now…

“Thank you Midas,” She trills softly, “It definitely wasn’t easy… but I’d like to think that it wasn’t all bad either.”

Ree, despite her tendency to worry about anything and everything, also tried to give herself chances to linger in the light of positive, motivating thoughts. She was drawn to all things merry and mirthful, they soothed the panic that sometimes seized her, chased away the demons and lit up the dark. If there was nothing else in this world, she at least had the small satisfaction of having some semblance of hope for the good and benevolence of all things left in her heart. She digs at the desrt grass shyly with her fore hoof, obsidian forelock falling across her face, obscuring her vision. She glances up again as Midas continues to talk.

“You seem to blend well as you would say, keep to yourself—have you thought about learning the art of a spy? Or perhaps healing?”

Ree is caught off guard by his question, for the young mare has never given any real serious thought to what she might like to do or be, outside of simply existing. She doesn’t answer him right away, biting her lip in thoughtful silence, uncertainty causing her to be slow to reply. Ree suspected that spycraft was a tricky thing to maneuver and manipulate, something she wasn’t sure she would do well with, but the winged stallion’s talk of healing was intriguing. Would it be fulfilling, to help those who could not help themselves? Ree ponders in silent fascination at the idea of aiding the ill and injured, and she cannot help but wonder what it might be like to be needed in such a fashion, to be the one responsible for the wellbeing of so many others. It was a daunting task, to be sure, but in the same breath surely such a calling must be rewarding. With a sheepish smile she met Midas’ kind eyes.

“Healers have always made me curious… I suppose if I had to choose, then that is the route I would attempt to follow.”

Messages In This Thread
All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM