the Rift

We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Time and time again, I felt the burden of life weighing me down. Sometimes, I was anxious and frustrated about where exactly things were headed inside The Edge. But then I would always come to remind myself that no matter where we ended up, at least I was here, putting my name in the hat instead of standing on the sidelines. Something about it made me swell, but I guess I was somewhat struggling with the turmoil of my sweet daughter’s arrival. Oh how I anticipated her arrival to The Edge. I was also more than delighted to be able to welcome Tamira home as well. Something about our little family made me feel… complete. How could I live without them? How could I live so frivolously without The Edge to call my home? The thought brought a small smile about my face as Sulwyn and I travelled away from The Threshold.

She was quietly moving behind me, surely apprehensive about what she would find within our borders. However, I didn’t want the trip to be awkward. I wanted her to feel as if she had begun another part of her life- one that involved the comfort and security of what I found to be a commendable place to live. I looked back at her, gazing excitedly into her golden eyes. They were the softest shade of yellow that I’d ever seen and they were certainly striking against her dark coat. I was tempted to tell her so, but thought better of it. I was devoted endlessly to Tamira, but I was male after all, right? I couldn’t say that I plucked mares from the Threshold for the hell of it…

Ah, but it seemed that I was only digging myself a huge mental hole that I would have to physically force myself out of later. I banished the crude thoughts for a moment in favor of conversation. I guess I was hoping for many things other than the gruff “well” that came out of my mouth moments later. But it seemed that all previous levels of intellectual convenience had been thrown out the window. This was quickly becoming an issue of testosterone induced failure.

Recovering my feet, I glanced back at her once more, this time the words falling into place more naturally instead of clotting haphazardly at the back of my throat. “So what exactly made you fancy the likes of coming to Helovia?” I had remembered her insistence about coming to my new home land, but I wasn’t entirely sure why. What dark shadows lurked in her past that caused her so much pain as to flee her family in favor of coming here? I slowed to fall into step with her, though my stride was nearly twice her own. It was meandering walk that we had settled into and that ensured that we had plenty of time to share before arriving in The Edge.

ooc| We will assume these first two posts are coming back from the Threshold and I'm sorry for the smut... I'm just not feeling it today.

Messages In This Thread
We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Thor - 01-26-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 01-26-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 01-28-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 02-11-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 02-15-2013, 01:47 AM