the Rift

The last flake of Frostfall [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

As Tallsun approached in it's slow and steady way, the Throat was becoming a less pleasant place to be. It was getting hotter, the rain didn't come as frequently, and the grass there had begun to taste drier than normal. As she trotted across the Steppes, relishing the cool snow on her hooves, she reflected that her time there should be spent very, very close to the oasis. It was a good herdland, easily defensible, but whoever had the bright idea to settle in the desert must have had a bit of heatstroke. Then again, anyone who made their home here was equally daft.

Speaking of herdlands, there was a reason Aryel kept pausing to look around, scanning the underbrush-dotted horizon for other horses. She was just a few miles from the Aurora Basin border, and she didn't plan to get any closer. She knew that plenty of other horses came here, but since that group of hornheads had settled in nearby, horses had been less than eager to come here. Aryel gave a snort, tossing her head in contempt. Unicorns. What did she have to fear from unicorns? She saw any approaching, and she could be off the ground and home free before they reached her. Didn't hurt to be cautious, though.

Still, a part of her just wanted to break the rules and survey the Basin from the air just to tweak them. They may have considered themselves to be the superior race, but they still held no dominion over the air. But there was really little to gain from a scouting trip, aside from possibly causing an incident and earning herself the disapproval of Kri and Sumati for doing so without orders. No, for now she would just enjoy the snow, savoring what little comfort she could find before Tallsun began in earnest.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Messages In This Thread
The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-16-2013, 05:57 PM