the Rift

The last flake of Frostfall [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel paused as Levi spoke again, asking her if she had seen Tio at all. She had frequently daydreamed about finding him and ending their worries then and there, but alas, he had gone to ground like an injured coyote and was nowhere to be seen. "Haven't seen hide or hair of him, and good riddance." she said to Levi, ignoring the wolf for the moment. He was the one in danger here, so if he wanted to talk he would damn well wait his turn. "Besides, once the wall comes up, he won't even be able to get in." For a moment, she wondered if it was smart to mention the Throat's wall when the wolf was in earshot, but it wasn't like they could hide it. It would no doubt take a while to finished, but if Tio ended up taking forever to gather enough horses to fight for him (which currently seemed to be the most likely outcome) she almost wanted to see his face when he saw the wall gleaming smugly along their border.

She glanced back at the wolf again, a wry smirk crossing her feature. "Oh no, you're the dumbest and ugliest wolf I've ever seen. Just not the dumbest or ugliest period. Tio probably takes the cake for dumbest, and that fat brindle Crowley is no doubt the ugliest." She tossed her head. "And the most cowardly. You can tell him I said that, by the way." Her ears went backwards, however, as she caught Lupus's implied threat to return to the Throat. Personal insults she could take and return, but you didn't make threats against her herdland. Despite having been there for less than a year, she had found a herd of loyalty and bravery, and a caring, indomitable leader she almost worshiped. You didn't threaten her home. "I can guarantee you I'd be waiting with a big smile and big welcoming committee," she said, turning to face him again. "And by welcoming committee, I mean a squadron of soldiers." His musing about meeting Tio gave her pause for a moment, but she decided to try a bluff. "I doubt he'd listen." she said. "He hates non-equines about as much as your Basin buddies hate non-unicorns." That was completely unfounded, but she didn't really care. Aryel tilted her head. "Come to think of it, why did they even let you in? I don't see a horn on your head."

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Levi - 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Aryel - 02-09-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: The last flake of Frostfall [Open] - by Lupus - 02-16-2013, 05:57 PM