the Rift

[FALLS] A Heavy Dose of Atmosphere [open?]

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

As the unicorn turned and excused herself, Tharos's ears pricked and he gave the grulla mare a small nod of greeting as he moved to follow the unicorn- Nadira. He trotted to catch up with her, passing so close that his shoulder brushed the length of her body. He gave her a little space though, and slowed to walk beside her, his draft blood causing him to tower over her. He flicked an ear, training the auditory on her as they walked. "Hope you don't mind if'n I join you, ma'am."

On closer inspection, she seemed older than he had originally thought. Maybe her size had tricked him, but he caught himself continually looking over at her. He had heard of such a thing happening before, but he had never thought it would happen to him. He could feel he was falling for her the more time he spent with her. It was funny, partly because he was usua;;y so careful and they didn't even know each other, really. "Names, Tharos, by the way. I don't remember if I said that before or not. I know I told Kimber that. You mighta' not been 'round to hear it. Ah well. Just swat me if 'm bein nosy miss, but how old are you, really? I thought you was young when I first got to lookin' at you, but I don't think you are, really."

Tharos did not realize it at the time, but the longer he spent around Nadira, the more steel cables were connecting him to her. Maybe it was love in bloom, or maybe it was something else, it was too soon to tell yet. In any case, he kept walking, hanging on her every word, in a respectable manner. To make it easier, he tried to concentrate on walking as softly as possible so as not to scare her with how strong he was. That wasn't really his fault though. He was slowly getting used to the gravity of Helovia, but it wasn't like his density training was going to go away. If he left himself unrestrained, he could tear up the terrain by cracking off foal-sized chunks of rock beneath his hooves and sliding them about. He could do that just by walking. It was all due to spending time in deep space, where the gravity fluctuated from planet to planet, from a few times weaker to several hundred fold the force of gravity that he felt here. He wondered if he would ever be able to share his stories with her, whether she would believe them or not.

442 words
Nadira, played by S3ilver
Kimber, played by Kachie
Love at first sight? xD

Messages In This Thread
A Heavy Dose of Atmosphere [open?] - by Tharos - 01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: A Heavy Dose of Atmosphere [open?] - by Tharos - 02-21-2013, 06:52 PM