the Rift

can you see my blood when I'm bleeding

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
i don't want to go under

What was it on the wind that spoke to her? Black nostrils quivered, and she stretched on her toes. A guard of the night, she tried her hardest not to let something slip by her, as the realm of night was her element.

When the red maned tasted it again, it made her fall back. Apparitions should not have scent, should not be capable of capturing the attention of her nose. They should only be able to play tricks on the mind by sound, by sight. Wasn't that cruel enough? Then again Faelene could be doing the same thing to someone else. She wasn't a solid body one could see. She appeared to be nothing but her surroundings only found by touch, scent, possibly sound for she was invisible. This...scent, him...the white coated stallion had vanished. Unlike when Faelene disappeared it was only from sight, not from life, not from existence. What the Basin told her now there was a ghost was among them. A ghost she had not seen in a long time and she was convinced it had to be something else.

Silent steps gliding along the tundra grass under the cloak she did not need the cover of darkness. She only had to tread quietly beneath the moonless sky, let her eyes search for the white stallion, the lost King. He would not be so easy to spot right off the way. She had to work her way further in the open to the rocks, where the steaming spring began, where he had stopped. And where Faelene had to freeze, unable to believe the solid of his own flesh, the owl that glided down to her familiar perch a top his tall shoulder. If she didn't know better it would almost be as if he had never gone, they had all made it here without missing a beat in between. It was the words of the God of Spark that would not leave her mind. "While Mauja is indisposed." A thought that had never given her a piece of ease. Clearly he is back, she told herself, not understanding her own emotions. Was she glad the FrostHeart had returned? Was she mad? Was she hopeful? Grateful? Curious? None of those seem to touch the shock. Months ago she would have been a strange combination of them. The sad truth was a lot had changed. She had thought being under Psyche would be her undoing, but she had actually grown a respect for the Lady. Faelene had gained a purpose, she had gained security.

Gaze wandered to the flickering lights of color she realized she didn't have much to feel because she didn't know Mauja, she didn't know what he had been through or why he had left or why he had returned. Since she was not Psyche she didn't feel it was much of her business to know. If he was here that meant Psyche was letting him stay and that should be good enough for her. But, of coarse it wasn't. Was he the Lord of the lands? Did he want to be here? Was he figuring that out for himself?

It was cruel not to show herself, but she moved closer like a true shadow to the other side of the spring. There she studied his face where he could not see her own. She couldn't tell if he looked like he had aged or if it was the lack of light. There was something different, something dark to his blue eyes."By your eyes it doesn't look like you were on vacation," she murmured, letting the bodiless voice remain for a moment before revealing herself to the spotted beast. "I can not tell if it is the Basin that is haunted, or you..."

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
can you see my blood when I'm bleeding - by Mauja - 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM
RE: can you see my blood when I'm bleeding - by Faelene - 01-27-2013, 07:20 PM