the Rift

Rain, rain go away. | Practise Spar, Aryel

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel turned to face Gaucho as he approached, wincing slightly as her injuries protested. She was going to be sore as an arthritic nag in the winter tomorrow. If their conditions were anything to judge by, it was obvious that Gaucho had come out on top. Still, she enjoyed a good fight and was satisfied that Gaucho would be an excellent addition to the herd. Furthermore, he appeared to be taking his victory humbly, and so she would accept her loss with dignity. Deep down, it embarrassed her that she still couldn't win a fight, despite her rank, but Kri had know what she was doing when she promoted Aryel, and the mare was willing to trust her. Aryel laughed quietly as the bay spoke, catching his use of the insult name she had given him, and committing his actual name to memory. "I should thank you as well," she said, "It was an extremely educating spar. I really like that backwards-buck you did. Smart use of the mud." She tried to remember how he had done it, figuring it could be an excellent defense tactic on nearly any terrain.

She leaned her weight to one side, lifting a hind hoof so the tip rested on the ground in a more comfortable position. "I'm glad to see another joining the military ranks of the Throat." she said. "I don't know if anyone has told you yet, but an equine named Tio basically trotted up and told us he was going to invade the Throat a week or so ago." Her ears went back. "I've got complete trust in Kri and the soldiers here, but I'd be pretty stupid to not take him seriously." She would've liked nothing more than to go out and shove Tio off a cliff herself, but she was almost certain he had a trick up his sleeve. He had to be either incredibly stupid, arrogant, or cunning to issue a public threat. Maybe he simply wanted to scare them, leaving their imaginations to run wild with fear at what he claimed he could inflict. The increased patrols and spars had certainly left some of the soldiers a little more haggard than usual, Aryel included. This horse seemed to be made of tougher stuff, almost like he was used to being in a constant state of alert. The thought left her curious as to his origins. Maybe she would ask later. The thunder rumbled again overhead, causing her to look up. Good thing they were getting some rain. Tallsun would no doubt bring a drought to the desert once it began in earnest.

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rain, rain go away. | Practise Spar, Aryel - by Aryel - 02-08-2013, 05:14 PM