the Rift

Explore On| open

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

The longer that he found himself standing in Ilka’s presence, the more comfortable Apollo became, falling back into his boyish personality instead of the proper façade he had been displaying. He realized that she, too, was becoming accustomed to him being around, and seemed less fidgety and flighty. The mere thought made him smile. Tilting his head once more as she mare finally seemed to come to a conclusion, he listened, ears swiveling forward to better hear her softly spoken words.

“The Foothills?” He asked, honey-brown orbs taking on a rather quizzical glaze, “Oh, it is a lovely place, and not too far. A little ways north from here, I believe…” Abruptly, the unicorn paused and then shook his head, a good-natured chuckle leaving his dark lips. “I mean, I’ve never really walked through it, since I don’t really belong, but I’ve ventured past and it’s quite a beautiful place… If you’re looking for somewhere peaceful to settle down and start over in life, I’d definitely recommend it.”

Apollo hoped that his words would suffice, as he was speaking the truth. Never had he stepped foot in any herdland, for sake of being mistaken for one of the Basin-goers. Of course, despite the racist bunch who resided in the Frostbreath Steppe, there were those who weren’t racist that lived in the frozen tundra. He hadn’t seen it with his own eyes, of course… But, still; being a spy had its perks, and ears were everywhere.

Refocusing back on Ilka’s pretty face, the black and white overo could practically see the thoughts churning in her head, as if she were contemplating asking him another question. He kept a calm and collected, if not good-humored, expression upon his face, yet just as he was about to inquire if she needed anything else, she spoke. If you do not mind me asking. A loner? … How does it work out for you?’ Apollo paused for a second. How, indeed? No one had ever really bothered asking him such a question…

Clearing his throat, he thought for a few moments before answering, choosing his words carefully. “Well, Ilka… Honestly, at first, I wasn’t sure. I was kind’ve lonely, but the more I ventured around Helovia, the more friends I met. Now, I don’t mind it so much. I don’t think I’d join a herd even if the option was brought before me, ‘cause I’m perfectly content with where I am now.” He smiled, a handsome expression upon his maw. “I’ve found a home of my own, and that’s all I could ask for.” For structure had been the one thing that he desired all his life, and finally, he found it in the form of The Grey.

[ooc: It’s fine, dear. :3]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Messages In This Thread
Explore On| open - by Ilka - 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Explore On| open - by Apollo - 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: Explore On| open - by Ilka - 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Explore On| open - by Apollo - 01-31-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Explore On| open - by Ilka - 02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
RE: Explore On| open - by Apollo - 02-01-2013, 10:07 AM
RE: Explore On| open - by Ilka - 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: Explore On| open - by Apollo - 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM