the Rift

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Enheduanna
May 26, 2012, 11:02pm

The light was setting as I made my way to the place which I had been many months before. It was much as I remembered it, unchanged, save for the fact that there was slightly more grass than before. It has been many months now since my wild and careless actions left me in this ever expanding state. I held no sadness towards Vayu's come-and-go attitude..anymore. I'd had my moments to cry. He had still been loving whenever he'd seen me, as had my mother, but there was a certain sadness, a loneliness so to say, to my life since then.

It brought even more sadness to my life to know that I would not be able to ever truly know my foal. Of course, I would stay with it for the first vital hours, perhaps even wheedle a day or two out of the great god, but I wouldn't be able to stay for forever. Eventually I would have to leave my foal's side to let him or her be raised by a god, an unknown entity. The rashness of my actions hit me full force as my first contractions began. The pain coupled with my own motherly pain forced tears to my eyes as bemoaned my ignorance. But the deal had been made and could not be undone so late. I find myself a grass-padded overhang and fall down upon it with a groan. Then the worst of the battle began...

-insert graphic birthing here-

...many hours later I am licking this wet bundle of life clean. Nuzzling him, for it really was a him, and murmuring soft words to the sweet little colt. The great god has chosen to not appear yet, thanks be to the guy, for I relish in this private time with my child. I stand, with effort, upon tired muscles and turn to watch the little guy struggle to stand, a concentrated expression upon his face. He stumbles once, and then I reach out my nose to gently guide him up and over to my teats. There is a sharp pull, accompanied by pain, which makes me flinch and the little guy stumble, but soon it dulls in comparison to happily watching him suckle away. I breathe in what are likely to be my last few private moments with my son for the next two years of my life, and find that a name had rolled to my tongue. It has no particular meaning to me, but the flow and sound is that of a champion, a truly great name, and so I look to him and utter the word, "Eios, my son, you are to be great indeed."

I look about for the approach of the one which is to take him over from me, and find that I still can't clearly see what the tiny being looks like, as he's still wet. I wonder what the Earth god has planned for him?

Official
June 1, 2012, at 2:01pm

Congratulations you have a newborn colt!
Breed: Undefined, muscular but elegant.
Species: Pegasus
Height: 17.2hh
Color: White, crystalline white. The main coat color will be a shining white upon which no dirt seems to cling. Mud finds no traction on his body, nothing to mar the perfect expanses of white. Soft, thick waves of hair run down from his neck to the middle of his shoulder. A large crest of a forelock falls down the middle of his face, and his tail nearly drags along the ground. Hooves look to be crafted from the finest gold, yet they are hard as steel. Gold spools forth from his hooves, brushing out like a sweep of powder up toward his knee joints. Flecks of golden hairs spot underneath his eyes, like flaked gold lightly patted unto his frame. Golden flecks radiate out from underneath him, reaching up like glitter toward his barrel and chest. Eyes like ocean waves have no pupil, and the color seems to swirl within them, ebbing and flowing. The wings which sprout from his back are of the purest white feathers. Gold flecks form in the soft downy feathers underneath, looking much like the sprinkles decorating the rest of his body.
Markings: A swirl of silvery blue, like that of the wind, spins and winds up his leg, crossing his broad shoulder, and reach up toward his neck. Spinning lines, reminiscent of the wind swirl on his leg, dance out from under his opposite eye, reaching down his cheek.
Health: Healthy
Other: None.

Messages In This Thread
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Official - 06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Enheduanna - 06-06-2012, 12:07 AM