the Rift

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved]

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I am warm, contained, happy, part of a symbiotic pulse.
Then whoosh.
Cold, wet, aware of licking.
Lick, Lick, Lick.
Cease this licking I am clean already.
I huff, annoyed.

My mother looks to me, she smiles, and I am named: Eios
I am rather happy...but not because of the name. She has ceased that incessant licking. After some aid I get about to suckling on the most incredible substance. Its warm and creamy and I am so hungry that I allow some to dribble down my muzzle for a moment. Then comes a voice. It is not mother's.

With a start I jump and hit my head on the roof which had before been my home. Annoyed, I give a little frustrated whinny before turning around to suspiciously eye this new intruder. The things upon my back fluffed up in the air instinctively.

Wait...

There are THINGS ON MY BACK!

I give another startled jump and my eyes open wide as I sniff around and inspect these things. Curious, I give the left one a little bite and find myself suddenly unbalanced as I topple to the ground. The part which I bit throbbed painfully. Note to Self: things on back are part of self. The stranger rumbles again and this time I find I like his voice. He seems nice and so I give him a grin and a hello whinny. I'm not quite sure what he means by his words but I don't particularly care because everything in this new place is so cool.

Then he stamps his foot in front of Mummy and everything sparkles and a plant grows from the ground. Well, that was cool. I go over to sniff it for a few moments before Mother gently shuffles me away. Perturbed, I look about for something else new to explore. Where's my father by the way? This stallion doesn't feel quite...real...and I get the feeling that he does not share my blood.

I'll figure that one out soon enough, after lunch, I'm hungry again....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Eios - 06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
RE: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Enheduanna - 06-06-2012, 12:07 AM