the Rift

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved]

Vayu Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Eight
Adoptable
He did not always attend the births of his children, but this was different. Usually, his mates had been older, or travelers passing through Helovia, or they made love in lands that lacked the magic of the Grove, so he knew the mare would not carry a child. But Enna had been different. She was a sweet, lovely little thing – a virgin, desiring a child – and yet so wild and sensual. She wanted a stallion, and so Vayu had delivered, and now the fruit of his loins was due to come into the world. Enna told him of her wild idea to seek out the most beautiful child, and the winged stallion had smiled and nodded – he did not think it was necessary, but the little dove could make whatever request she wanted. He was curious, though, and agreed to come to the child's birth.

It was dark when he flew down to the island of the Gods, gold-tipped wings beating impressively to make his landing smooth. He touched down some distance from the odd gathering assembled there, mother and child and lord of Earth, for fear that his wings might frighten the little colt. A deep dip of his sun-kissed brow was presented to the Lord. While Vayu worshiped no one god in particular, he respected all of them. Then his two-toned eyes alighted on the tiny colt beside his mother, and lit up with delight. He stopped to nuzzle Enna gently on her shoulder, an act of familiarity more than affection, before turning to his son “Hello there, little man,” the palomino said cheerfully, taking in his foal's unique appearance with pride. “My, those are some wings you've got there. I'll have to teach you to chase clouds, when you're older, won't I?”

He turned to Enna now, and a rueful look crossed his face. “Will he stay here, then?” he asked, eyes shifting between the mare and the god. “He seems so small to be separated from his mother...”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Vayu - 06-03-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved] - by Enheduanna - 06-06-2012, 12:07 AM