the Rift

The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

It is not Lakota’s job to be interested in Circe’s past, nor is it her right to peer into her mind and pick apart what brings her to the Threshold. She didn’t go around shouting her backstory to the world and wouldn’t reveal it easily even if asked, so she made it a point to never delve farther into the personality and reasoning of a person than need be. When accepting Murdock, she’d observed everything about him. No vagabond would make it past her into the Grey and wreak havoc if she could stop it, but she didn’t want or need to tear someone apart and dredge up terrible memories merely for the sake of knowledge. It was a respect and courtesy she handed out to everyone, merely because she wanted them to do the same for her and know that they could not ask her of her earlier times without getting teeth around the ear or a cold look.

Circe seemed to mull over her words for quite some time and Lakota let her. It wasn’t an easy decision to make after all, there were plenty of routes to take. That first step would be the one that decided her path for likely the rest of her life, and would define major parts of her future. Lakota didn’t expect her to jump straight into a herd without contemplation, like many Lakota had either directly met or heard about. She had a solid head on her shoulders and took Lakota’s granite-like personality with a teaspoon of sugar, surprisingly. Normally it was salt in that shallow pewter bowl. It was a reason Lakota surprisingly wouldn’t be adverse to Circe becoming a part of her family, simply because she was a mare that for once Lakota believed could have her back in a fight. It was true she trusted all of her awkward fuck-up family members to do the same, but characters such as Phaedra did not know the art of battle and war. Rafe and Osiris were the only other warriors she knew directly by name, and Murdock had only just been accepted. Circe however she could see both in Intelligence and on the battle field. It demanded a certain increase in respect from the blue roan, not that she had any qualms with giving it. She suspected if given the chance they could get along rather well.

Tone is careful but not stuttering and Lakota allows it with a carefully tuned ear. Hesitance is weakness, for it means you are prey to the finicky nature of your own mind. Circe’s eyes are guarded, much like Lakota’s but with a different feel to it. She is doing it consciously, whereas Lakota blocks out everything from her gaze. Twitch of one corner of her lips is all Circe receives as Lakota thinks. ”Everything is a gamble, Circe. There are a thousand things you could be that my eyes cannot perceive, and it will be a gamble to bring you to my home and into the ranks of my family.” Tone is swift and precise, but honest. Everything is a gamble, after all. You roll the dice a thousand times to try and win your fate through the number on the cube and the skill left in your body. However, Lakota was willing to roll that dice for Circe. ”I would stand for it, yes. You are sound of mind, a good head on your shoulders, and you’ve yet to anger me in any way. Having you at my back would not be a bother. All you must do is follow me, and if my mistress decides you are worthy, you may call me sister,” she finished. That is all to be said and all that will be said. Turning, Lakota braved her trust enough to show Circe her back, though violet irises glowed over her shoulder. Flicking her tail in motion for the other woman to follow, setting pace for the Deep Forest.

[[Want to change Circe to an Outcast and I can post a thread for her and Ktu? :)]]

Messages In This Thread
The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open] - by Circe - 02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
RE: The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open] - by Lakota - 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open] - by Circe - 02-04-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open] - by Lakota - 02-07-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open] - by Circe - 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: The Art of Reflection [Grey/Open] - by Lakota - 02-15-2013, 02:59 AM