the Rift

jealous of my stars?

Starling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Starling can’t tell you how she feels—she doesn’t know yet. The star soaked mare moves beneath the star soaked sky, but doesn’t bother to turn her eyes toward it. She’s simply… bored. Bored with this thing they call wandering. It’s starting to become tedious, and that’s enough to madden her a little bit. Her amber eyes are bright on the grounds of this new place, on the lands that may become her home. Where was she anyway? The creature couldn’t tell you, but it was starting to bother her… not knowing. Ignorance wasn’t quite bliss, and Starling was on the lookout for bliss.

The mare shifts her gait, stretching into a long lope. Her eyes seem to dance, filled with the light of the moon. Everything is ethereal, and she can’t help but drink it in. Starling is enjoying herself. The atmosphere is hanging around her shoulders, the tallsun night like a warm blanket. Everything is thick and dark, velveteen, filled with the sprinkling and twinkling of stars. Yes, Starling is so very alive, and it feels good. She’s been dazzled by it all, filled right down to the bones with heat and light. This is what the night is supposed to be, right?

She is young. She is beautiful. She’s learned to embrace it all, and she needs to hold it in her mind. The tall grasses seem to nip at Starling’s sides, but she keeps moving. It’s easy for her to drift through the foliage, feeling it shift and change as she crosses overland. Nothing of consequence has happened yet, and it’s starting to drag the day on. The mare moves with a certain languid grace. Maybe it’s that Starling has always been a migratory sort of bird, subject to fits and flights of fancy. She’s too used to moving to stop for right now.

And miles to go before I sleep. But Starling doesn’t want to sleep, not right now. No, instead she draws to a small, babbling section of shallow stream. The water here is clear, lacking the green film of algae and assorted other creepy crawlies. The delicate creature lowers her grey muzzle to sip the clean, cool water. It’s nice to know that there are still places like this… wild places. Sure, this ground is well traveled but how many have actually stopped to see the forest through the trees? Starling’s head comes up, her eyes gentle on the world around her.

THE AiR WAS CLEAN
hound’s
Transparency by evanesc-e@tumblr
THE SUN NEVER GOES DOWN

Messages In This Thread
jealous of my stars? - by Starling - 02-03-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: jealous of my stars? - by Kaj - 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM