the Rift

Glad you came [Open]

Azura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
This land was so different from what I know.

I have never been in a forest so dark and dense as this is. Dark tree figures stretch up to the sky with every branch,newborn leafs hanging down lazily. Light barely pushes though but in the gaps that it does,the rays beat down heavily on my golden back. My wings are pressed against me for warmth when the light can't scrap though for it wasn't to warm. In fact,it was quiet cold. But it wasn't the trapped light that made it cold. There was something about this place. Wether it is because I am new here and not used to this type of land,I don't know and to be honest,I didn't want to know so I quickly replace the thoughts by filling my mind of father.

But that doesn't make me feel any better either.

My father was old and had loss the love of his life when I was just a foal. I barley knew her except from the story's father told me about her. He could tell story's in such a way you could see each word he said,every emotion was described so well,as was she. Apparently she was a golden beauty and that's where all my own fine golden features had come from. My father had spoke of her with such passion and love that I felt she was watching over us,smiling as he told the tales of the golden mare. Perhaps the loss of her is what made my dear father so protective over me? He was the kindest stallion I had ever met and a great leader. I can honestly say,I am proud to have him as a father.

Shadows start to creep in closer and closer to me and I suddenly feel lost here. I didn't know what could lurk round the next tree in this type of land,it was so much more dense then the small scattering of ancient trees back home that I was constantly twisting my golden body to avoid even clipping some sort of branch. No clear path seemed the cut though the trees of I would have instantly taken to it. A ray of sun shines down on a thin stream though a small gap in the leaves. Swiftly I head towards it till the light shines down on my neck and part of my neck and I lower my head to drink. When I withdraw from drinking I lift up my muzzle to look though the small gap of light to see the sun shining down brightly.

Messages In This Thread
Glad you came [Open] - by Azura - 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Glad you came [Open] - by Corsair - 02-08-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: Glad you came [Open] - by Corsair - 02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: Glad you came [Open] - by Azura - 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Glad you came [Open] - by Azura - 02-15-2013, 06:33 AM