the Rift

Save me from the Sun

karlin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Karlin
Is my heart of gold?

The sun was hung like an unwelcome reminder in the empty sky. Though it was father away than anything, to Karlin is seemed as if he could have knocked it down with his hooves, should he try to kick it.
It's heat surely burned close.
The trodden-down grasses beneath his hooves could feel it too, and their hue reflected it. He had tried to consume these grasses but was left with a bitter taste on his tongue, and so hadn't tried again.
As he limped across the open expanse of dirt and feeble food, he couldn't help but wonder what on Earth he had done to deserve such treatment.

Letting out a regretful snort, he lifted his head and shook it weakly. It was stiff from his hanging it so low to the ground for so long, and his mouth was dry from the lack of water. His once powerful and rippling muscles were sore and shrunken, and hung loose on his large body.
Food felt so long ago.

As he scanned the area, however, a rippling form appeared in the distance. It appeared to be green and lush, and for half a moment he nearly believed it. He decided that it was a figment of a weary mind, yet followed it blindly. Hoof by hoof, regret by regret.

He eventually realized that it seemed to be growing nearer, and more defined. His spirits lifted, and his eyes grew hopeful. It seemed to be a forest.
Karlin broke into a trot, though his body protested, and chased the green twinkling so mercilessly on the horizon. It would be long, yet, before he reached it, but he could not help but force himself faster and faster, wanting the trees to swallow him up and save him from the horrible reminder of the sun, and the dry death of what had kept him so whispily alive. His hooves, however, thought differently, and his misused legs crumpled beneath him.

He lay in the dirt a while, and thought nothing. He stared unseeing at the sun and its mocking indifference. He didn't notice the rabbit he had scared into its burrow. The trees meant nothing to him.

He also failed to notice the shape coming toward him, and the sound its hooves made as they stopped before him.
The only thing he noticed was the voice when it spoke.

""

Messages In This Thread
Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-04-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-06-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM