the Rift

Save me from the Sun

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
There was something... off about the way he responded to her statement about Jackal. Her blue eyes were questioning as she paused to look back at Karlin, who had fallen behind. There was a smile on his face, but even she could tell that it didn't quite reach his eyes. She wanted to ask, learn what had disturbed him. But he was distracted, focused upon the watery fox that returned his gaze with an intensity the innocent young mare was not consciously capable of. An intensity the painted stallion seemed not able to meet for long.

She blocked his path, a small gesture from a mare so much smaller than he, gazing up at him with wary curiosity even as he spoke of having a home. "I can get ahold of Jackal or Dei easily enough, if they are within the bounds of the Foothills and not off on some mission or another." It was simple truth, for she knew at least the bronze dragon would keep an ear out for her. He'd heard her and came to her beckoning with alacrity when she'd brought Adele home.

"What is wrong, Karlin?" She did not know to name the emotion that contorted his features, only that he'd not looked this way only moments before.

But she was destined to get distracted from questioning him, for the fox from her back sprung aside, drawn by something. Her head swung to follow it, ears swiveling forward when she spotted it hovering over a spherical egg nestled in the underbrush. Without much thought to her actions, she moved to claim it for her own. In the end she returned with it hanging in a tangle of vines from the woven stone necklace around her neck. The fox was settled on her back again, looking quite pleased with itself.

(( Better late than never, Kimber 'finds' her kitsune's egg from birthday giveaway. ))

Messages In This Thread
Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-04-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-06-2013, 02:13 AM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by karlin - 02-09-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Save me from the Sun - by Kimber - 02-12-2013, 07:28 PM