the Rift

Basking in These Golden Rays {|| Levi ||}

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

The crash of waves against the shore masked the sound of racing hooves well that Sulwyn didn't notice the stranger until he spoke. The sound of another voice caused the mare to shy away, her legs splashing into the creeping ocean as she side-stepped away. This was becoming a more and more common reaction, and it upset her that she was so easy to startle. Just another thing for me to get used to, she noted.

Stepping out of the water and back onto the beach, the grulla swung her golden gaze to the form of a silver stallion. It momentarily shocked the mare to see another beast of her color, but the moment passed just as quickly as it had come. Though it was true that she hadn't seen many equines with her coloring, what truly shocked the mare were the two massive wings sprouting from the well-built muscles on this stallion. She had only been in Helovia for a few days, yet it seemed that she was constantly in the presence of winged equines. Perhaps she was the type to draw attention to herself, but how could that be possible when one was so shy? Shyness didn't stop her from being polite, though.

"Everything is fine, kind sir." Golden orbs looked upon silver ones, trying to read into their emotions, but it seemed that they were almost as well guarded as her own. Then again, Sulwyn wasn't always the best at reading into the intents of others.

"What brings you to the ocean today, if I am allowed this curiosity?" And curious she was. Back in her homelands, the mare had been notorious for brushing off the playful gazes of the young suitors, anxious to find mates in the heat of Tallsun. It was uncomfortable talking to those her own age, but if it were her parents or elders that she were speaking with, she could converse with ease. Sulwyn couldn't fathom why; wasn't it the elders that were constantly after her to mind her manners, and wasn't it the other colts and fillies her own age that couldn't care less on the matter?

Yet here she was, admiring the brute's well-chiseled figure and his powerful wingspan. She envied him, for having a pair of such fine appendages, but knew that she would only be clumsy if she had wings of her own. The scars on his body worried her -- was she in the presence of a violent warlord? -- but he seemed nice enough. He hadn't charged right into her, had he?

Remembering that she had not yet introduced herself, the mare moved her silver lips to say, "I am known as Sulwyn, member of the herd at World's Edge. I am honored to meet with you, sir....?"
{ Don't fret! It was fine. Awkward first meeting is awkward. XD }

Messages In This Thread
Basking in These Golden Rays {|| Levi ||} - by Sulwyn - 02-04-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Basking in These Golden Rays {|| Levi ||} - by Sulwyn - 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM