the Rift

For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Making their way from the Edge to the Foothills, Romani could hardly contain her excitement. She remembered, long ago, telling Xanthos that one day she would show her the land that she called home, and now it was finally happening. The day of that promise seemed like such a long time ago, when really… It had only been seasons. Hadn’t it? It was strange to think that she had only arrived in Helovia during the last Frostfall, for so much had happened between now and then. The life of a wanderer seemed so foreign to the palomino, but had once been the life that she had lived. Now… Her home was here, in Helovia, with Xanthos.

A nagging thought had stricken the mare along their journey, however. Thoughts of a peppered filly, fearful and frightened without one to guide her, caused Romani’s previously joyful mood to be dampened slightly. The last meeting that she had shared with Nayati had been terrible, due to her memory loss… Now, she only hoped that she could rectify what she had done, and the words she had said. As the three, for little Kasai trailed happily alongside both Xanthos and herself, entered the borders of her herdland, Romani couldn’t help but lift her head in pride, nostrils widening as she breathed in the sweet smell of her home. Keen, azure eyes kept on the lookout for a familiar cinnamon hide, however, but one couldn’t be spotted.

“This is the Foothills, Xan. My home.” Her words were laced with pride, and for good reason; for her, the Foothills had become her life-blood. She had risen to the rank of warrior to protect these very lands with her life. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

There was a slight breeze about, sweet and refreshing from the somewhat hot temperatures of the lower lands. The long, green grass swayed in the wind, birds flitting to and fro and singing songs of joy and tranquility. It was a picturesque scene, and one that Romani found she could never grow tired of. The familiar rumble of the large, elaborate waterfall could be heard from where it was, meters away. It was these sounds and sights that she would forever associate with her home.

“There’s actually someone here that I want you to meet, Xan. Her name is Nayati, and she’s… She’s very dear to me.” Sadness and love both filled her tone as the Haflinger spoke, her previously keen eyes taking on a slight look of melancholy. Oh, would Nayati be able to forgive her, like Xanthos had? “Nayati is a young thing, who was abandoned by her mother just outside of Helovia, and was driven away by her sad excuse of a mother’s brutality. She was found and brought here, to the Foothills, and now… I’m afraid that she doesn’t have anyone to take care of her; to raise her.” Turning her head, the cool breeze playing with the long strands of her ivory mane, Romani turned her imploring gaze to Xanthos. “I should like for you to meet her, and… Perhaps, we can offer her a home? With us?”

It was a big question, for they had honestly just gotten together… But Xanthos was a kind and understanding soul. It was one of the qualities that she loved about him, and she had the inkling that if there was a child in trouble, he wouldn’t readily turn it away.

[ooc: Not my best post, but… :3 I would like for Xanthos and Nayati to respond first, then others could join.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 10:14 PM