the Rift

For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

An odd pleasure filled Romani at Xanthos’ response to seeing her home. He found it beautiful, and that made the Haflinger happy, for in her eyes, it was. It was her home, the land she had dedicated her very life-force to protect, and that wasn’t something that should be given away so trivially. Inhaling deeply as a breeze swept through the land, tousling their mane, Romani paused as a very familiar scent billowed past. It was that of a soft flower, a spotted Princess that she now remembered all too well. Before the name of the filly could even escape her lips, the creature had stumbled into the path before them, her mahogany eyes filled with surprise at seeing palomino.

It was as Romani’s azure depths stared intently into the appaloosa’s own that she swallowed, remembering the madness that was their last encounter. Due to her memory loss, she hadn’t remembered Nayati, and hadn’t been as kind and gentle as she normally should have been… But she had been afraid, so terribly afraid, of letting others down. Like she had done to Xanthos, and Abdullah… Yet the pain in Nayati’s gaze was easy to see, the heartache and betrayal written clearly upon her features. The expression of anguish caused the palomino’s breast to tighten in an unpleasant way, familiar to that if she was ill.

Just as quickly as she had appeared, however, Nayati murmured a tentative greeting to them and then seemed to make haste to escape. That wouldn’t do, not at all.

“Nayati!” Romani called, spotting two more who wandered in. The golden-red mare didn’t wish to be rude to them, especially with Nadira, for she was a friend… But this was her Dear-Heart, one of the most beloved creatures that the warrior had met, and seeing such an expression of complete turmoil on the filly’s face nearly ripped Romani’s heart from her chest. “Please, darling, wait for me.” Immediately she picked up her pace, compact frame moving surprisingly quick across the grasses that separated her from the spotted filly. “Dear-Heart, please, let me speak.”

A part of her felt terrible for simply moving by the painted draft who she didn’t remember meeting before, and Nadira, but it could wait. Stopping Nayati right then and there was her first priority; everything else could wait. The filly meant far too much to the Haflinger to simply just forget about, for she couldn’t. How long had they known each other? Far too long now… Now that Svetlana was gone from their lives, and this world, who would look after her little Dear-Heart? Once a niece in her eyes, Romani now wished to call Nayati something more, something far more precious than a relationship of a niece and aunt. She wished to call the princess her daughter, if Nayati could accept Romani as her mother. And forgive her. That would be the first trial to overcome.

“Nayati,” Romani said once she was close enough, her voice dropping to a soft whisper, “Please, Dear-Heart… I’m so sorry, for how I acted before. I wasn’t in my right mind…”

[ooc: So… I totally didn’t mean to have Romani be a bitch or anything by kinda pushing past Nadira and Aaron. XD It’s just, Nayati is number one on her mind. :3]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Romani - 02-04-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!] - by Romani - 02-15-2013, 09:17 AM