the Rift

Flowers for the Night; mesec/moon god/quest return

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess smiled as her son approached, perhaps the only legitimate expression that ever crossed her dark and brooding features. She was a beautiful shell beneath something twisted beneath, something she controlled - most of the time. Her son was growing into a handsome young colt, tall, slender and pitch black. She grinned. Already the darkness that honed within his soul made an impact on his body. Silver danced in the crevices and eyes just like her own looked up.

"Mesec, my son," she murmured. She approached on delicate hooves, pushing her silver muzzle into his short mane and nuzzling there affectionately. Unlike her awkward brothers, the Moon God was a good actress, but even she had to admit that she felt something deeper than usual for this child that birthed from the very mists of her soul. Granted the stallion had helped too, enjoyably.

"Mmm... I miss you too, but you are a strong and independent soul. A handsome child and a keen mind, and you know that I am never far. What lives within me also lives within you, my son. We are the darkness and the winds. We are the night and the storms. You and I... Hm. We are kin." The Goddess stepped back and nodded to d'Artagnan. She nudged her son's cheek one last time before inhaling deeply, ribs expanding.

"Until next time." She burst into smoke, lifting to the heavens which hovered above with lamp-like stars.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flowers for the Night; mesec/moon god/quest return - by God of the Moon - 02-12-2013, 12:22 AM