the Rift

Roses Have Thorns, Dear [Phaedra/Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Phae's head was swimming. Were they staying together, or weren't they? All of the options seemed to be wrong: Splitting up, hiding their love, Tolio leaving the Basin and joining the Grey…but if none of them worked, then where did it leave them? Which was the least worse option? It sounded as though Tolio, for all of his gentle lovingness, was telling her that they couldn't be together. That seemed to be the crux of the message he was trying to convey. It made her feel cold inside, feeling a depth of sorrow that she didn't even know was possible. This was why Phae was such a selfish creature; doing the right thing hurt so much more than simply running away. The right thing; was that truly leaving the cinnamon stallion behind? Only 2 others new of their love affair: Faelene and Sohalia. The once golden-girl was sure that their secret could remain secret in their fold but…Gods, how it pained her heart to think of smothering their love out of fear. No her mind gently prodded, Not out of fear. For the foal. And yes, that was what it was. The sacrifice was for the life within her belly.

Doing the right thing hurt.

His touch was electrifying, perhaps even moreso now that her body was so raw and frail. She leaned into his touch, wishing to be so completely embraced by him as she had been that evening in the Grove. Her love for him felt endless. The thought of leaving him, was liking hold a few twigs and trying to damn an ocean; it seemed utterly incomprehensible. Yet as she stood in her minds-eye on the rocky shores of her ocean of love, she already felt alone. The tide was already pulling him away, and night was falling all around her: her and her alone.

His words broke her painful reverie, as he inquired about the cause of her state of affairs. Shaking her muzzle slowly, it felt surreal to think of the day all those weeks ago she had spoken with the Goddess. "The Goddess of the Moon cursed me. I asked for magic…to aid in my efforts with the Grey…and she did this, out of jealousy." Phae replied, skewing things slightly. She wasn't quite sure how Tolio would react to the full truth. Were they not talking about 'breaking up'? And he was gay, after all; would he really be so upset to know that she had requested the magic of the sirens? To ensnare other men? Her heart belonged to the cinnamon stallion alone…If he didn't trust her well…Well, then he shouldn't be talking about leaving her.

Looking at him softly, she sighed through a wrinkled muzzle. "If no one knows who the father is, I could simply keep the foal. If you cannot leave the Basin to join the Grey…I can surely come up with a believable story of how this came to pass. But you couldn't ever lay claim to it. Then again, if it is born with a horn, you could simply say you found it…and bring it back with you?" Phae, who had never been a mother before, and was not the overly emotional type when it came to these sort of things, did not feel as heartless as perhaps she should, by suggesting that Tolio would simply take the newborn. Once it was finished nursing of course. She cast a hesitant look towards him, trying to judge his reaction to her propositions.

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Roses Have Thorns, Dear [Phaedra/Open] - by Tolio - 02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Roses Have Thorns, Dear [Phaedra/Open] - by Phaedra - 02-10-2013, 09:42 PM