the Rift

I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

The Birth</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

As the unicorn arrived, Phae again felt her pregnancy-wracked body tense. The mare scented that oh-so familiar cold sort of scent, that Tolio also carried. Basin. Phae thought anxiously. Was this mare here as a spy? Had the news of her and Tolio's affair somehow gotten out? Had Faelene betrayed her? Betrayed them? But if so, why wasn't the Basin's watcher here herself? Coldly, Phae's sunken green gaze washed over the mare, wondering why she was intruding on such a private moment, if she wasn't a spy. The pegasus was suddenly so thankful that Soh was there, even in her condition, so that Phae wouldn't have to face a potential inquisition from the Basin alone. As Leyra cooed at her new babies, Phae relaxed somewhat, still unsure of the mare's intentions, but like the attention all the same. Phae had come to the Fields to escape prying eyes, and yet she had been found. Perhaps there was an unconscious sort of pull she possessed, even without her beauty?

Tossing her head slightly, Phae nodded to Leyra, agreeing that yes indeed, they were beautiful little creatures.

As Lakota entered the little group in her dark unassuming way, Phae couldn't help but beam up at her Grey-sister, despite her wrinkles and hallowed cheekbones. When the palomino had first met Ktu and Eytan, she had been terrified of the bear cub, and even know she felt anxious in its presence. Ao on the other hand, though appearing to be just as rambunctious, caused her no stress. From the day that Lakota had helped to save her and Apollo on the beach all of those long weeks ago, Phae had placed her trust in the blue mare whole heartedly. For all of her cold and disapproving looks, the palomino still felt a sisterly bond between them growing, and was sure she would not bring harm to her, or her newborns.

Her heart seemed to swell as she caught a few of the words, meant only for the twins, coming from Lakota's lips. Although Phae hadn't noticed any of the outward emotions wafting across Soh's delicate features, she surely would have approved if she had. Jealousy towards her was a feeling that Phae was very used to - though most often it came from men. However, if the white pegasus felt some ownership of the palomino, especially considering her current state, who was she to argue?

Lowering her muzzle, she nudged each of the foals, who appeared to be falling into a light slumber, obviously just as tired as she was from the birthing process. "Wake up little doves." She cooed to Rae and Ru, her daughters.

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open - by Phaedra - 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM