the Rift

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Balkin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Balkin
I wish you not a path devoid of clouds,
nor a life on a bed of roses.

Her intellegent eyes bore into Ulrik. She stares at him as if he were under a microscope and she was the scientist at the other end of the lens. Balkin was not known of her trust, it was often something that had to be earned and obviously she did not even know this individual. His words and implications fell upon her ears making them twitch in response. She opened her mouth as if she were about to speak, only to close it and lower her head.

Her delicate brow furrowed together as she stared at the metallic wolf that stood obediently at Ulriks side. Balkin extended her velveteen muzzle and breathed deeply. It was unnatural and she was not sure what to make of it. Lifting her head she turned her gaze onto the unicorn. Her eyes and thoughts burned with questions about the soulless animal that stood unwavering; however she knew it would be rude to simply interrupt his spill.

An so Balkin continued to listen to Ulriks explanations about the north snow melting and the Moon Goddess, but it was when he brought up the name of Isilme. She flinched at the name as she felt a pang of pain with in her chest. " You are very observant. I am from Isilme. I am Balkin the obscure." Her answer was low and held a touch of sadness. She missed her woodlands and the comfort she drew from the ancient rune marked trees.

As from the gods, Goddess and decrepit messengers, Balkin had little use for them. They have never graced her with anything but death and decay. Perhaps that is what has shaped her belief in nothing at all. "All this talk about gods and goddess. I doubt that is what they truly are. They may have amazing powers that far surpass our own, and play with our lives as if it is their purpose; However, I would not label them as gods or goddess." Her thoughts on this subject has long since become warped.

She fell back into silence as she listened to Ulrik's interesting take on their so called gods. Her threaded tail swished about, as she watched him turn to leave muttering to himself about flights of fancy. She started after him. "Wait! I have a question for you! What is that wolfish creature?" Balkin knew that question had little to do with what they had previously been speaking about, but curiosity sometimes got the best of her.

"Unicorn x Mare x 10 x Blue Roan x Unclaimed x No Lover"

Messages In This Thread
For Whom the Bell Tolls - by Balkin - 07-09-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: For Whom the Bell Tolls - by Ulrik - 07-09-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: For Whom the Bell Tolls - by Balkin - 07-09-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: For Whom the Bell Tolls - by Ulrik - 07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
RE: For Whom the Bell Tolls - by Balkin - 07-17-2012, 10:50 AM