the Rift

[JUDGED] See it rise [Training spar, Boom]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The sun was just starting to peek over the eastern horizon; I watched it rise with masked sorrow. Rays of light warmed a dusty face in soft comfort, and each beautiful wave burnt up our heaven with vibrant colors of citrus and crimson. On a normal day my intentions for being up this early might have been to pray and mediate on the coming weeks. Usually I found joy in the birth of a new day, but not this time.

The scattered clouds bunched together and created a scene of tranquility, yet I was filled with wakeful bitterness and hate—the peacefulness did nothing to calm strung nerves.

My body was tense, posed and still as a stone. Since the passing of birdsong, anxiety has only grown over the changing of hours. Everyone was staying busy with prep work for an invasion that had yet come. Though I hoped such a battle never actually came…..I also shamefully yearned for it. But not for the reasons that other warriors might, I simply wanted this battle for one reason.

Him.

The blood stallion, yet evaded me.

That beast who had so dared to wound Cera only a season ago. How could I not ponder unmet revenge?

His image spins around in my mind; body dipped in the color of plasma and broken horn dripping with poison. I knew not his name, nor had cared to ask—but it wouldn’t matter. Forever that picture would be engrained in this mind until the day of his death or mine. There was always that chance he would be lingering among the ranks of outcasts, and to meet him in battle was perhaps my most dangerous wish.

But I urged for it still, dangerous or not; this body would forcefully take back my sons honor, or die trying. Deep down…. I knew….. these emotions were wrong…. Frustration was born from the fact that our foolish gossiper had yet to solidify his threat and also how many months of tireless searching had been for nothing.

I was frustrated, and tired. Tired of hating an unseen ghost.

It was well known that dwelling on hate would create a tainted soul, through try as one might these feelings couldn’t be erased in a day, a week, or even months. Maybe I was too weak? Maybe I was not strong enough to find forgiveness in my heart for the stupid coward that had so cleverly planted a seed of despise. With a crestfallen sigh, I push these pitiful ponders aside. My morning wasn’t going to be filled with the common shuffling of soldiers; instead I would meet with our leader.

She would offer distraction. Since apparently this mental conflict wasn't going to get resolved anytime soon.

[Setting: Dragons Throat, sunrise. Semi cloudy day. The spar will take place between the Oasis and the Ocean, both can be seen in the distance; but neither is close by.]

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Boom Boom - 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 06-07-2013, 06:35 PM