the Rift

[JUDGED] See it rise [Training spar, Boom]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

The beat of my heart against my ribs. A pleasing sound in my mind, though many may find it rather disturbing. The heat of battle in my veins is what causes me to ignore the breaths I tug between my flaring nostrils, the sweat upon my frame. I ignore it simply because in battle there is little need in monitoring your vitals. Even if you know you need to slow, when your opponent lingers about you, a lion posed to strike, you keep going, no matter how your lungs wheeze. That steadfast determination and pull, that is what I live for. That is why I am the Resolute. A warrior who never hesitates.

Midas would find that out right about now.

I can feel golden eyes upon me as I rise more than I can see the glint of his own determination. Regardless of the silent warning of his gaze, the whistle of hooves through air, my pursuit continues. I race upward, feeling a hoof pelt my left shoulder. My face seems to wince, but I do not stop, my neck curling away with the shoot of pain, only to feel another hoof hit upon my barrel on the left, near my midsection. A clean, shallow cut for my barrel, probably a bruise for the shoulder, and a good dose of healthy pain to remind me that I am still alive. The cool, thin air stings upon my ripped flesh, but that discomfort is hushed by the gratifying feeling of my left shoulder pummeling into the underside of Midas. I think I hear a hitch in his breath, but I can't be certain. The air from my lungs is expelled harshly too with a rather masculine grunt, but followed with a fiesty grin.

The black and white painted form sloughs away from me even as I am pushed away by our collision, but I quickly jerk my body right and flap hard upward, trying to get out of the range of my opponent and dear friend. I drop my eyes quickly to search the skies for my General, ascertain that my last attack has not robbed him of his ability to fly. It is then that I see his body curve tightly left, hooves poised to strike even as I tuck mine in tight to my barrel. The quick flight upward is ultimately what saves me from a strike hitting my legs, and for that I laugh. The sound is joyous, but growing hoarse in the thin air of high altitude.

"You fight with fire, my brother!" I shout down below. My body begins to race forward and then circle, aiming to return to the soft crimson sands of the desert below. You fight with the heart of a Dragon.
""

[ WC:460; Closing Defense; SWIFT and AIM. ]
KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!

[ OOC commentary;

YOU FORGOT YOUR BUFFS. D: I FORGOT TO REMIND YOU. I'M A HORRIBLE TEACHER.

Anyway.
Thank you so much for the excellent fight! I think I said before, but no one has ever gotten Kri to lose her cool in the air, so that deserves a Boom medal.

As far as critiques go, you forgot the small attack I noted with Kri's chest possibly hitting Midas in the back of the head. I don't know if the judge will count that as an attack, but it is written as possible damage to your character, so I would have. >___> But it's sort of iffy. Either way, always be safe and include it, even if it's small.

I thought that your response to her attack was written beautifully. It had the damage, it had the pain, it was descriptive, but BEST of all, I did not read it as though you were checking boxes for the judge. I really, really think it was a beautifully written injury (if that is possible). Also, the kicking as she is approaching was the best counter-attack you could have placed. I think it was natural, easy, and I was frankly trapped into taking the damage. ;D

You were more in tune with the lack of air resistance in this post than you have been, which is great! However, I think you forgot to account for that in your attack. I did not take any damage from your kick because, while I thought it was a beautiful maneuver, Kri simply would not be within the range of Midas's short little legs if he had been pushed away, dropped down, and Kri also attempts to fly right and up away from him. I thought it was a wasted attack. Instead of curving left, you should have gone right and after her left side.

Overall, I think you did a great job! :D ]

Messages In This Thread
See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Boom Boom - 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Midas - 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Kri - 06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: See it rise [Training spar, Boom] - by Boom Boom - 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM