the Rift

a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

A strange scent catches my attention, and suddenly I am aware of the old mare nearby. I cannot believe that I did not see her before, but I suppose I should not be surprised. I am blind, numb, clinging desperately to the idea of Skysong, filling my thoughts with her so that I might not think of her sister. No, no, no, no, no... It repeats, over and over, and echo through my mind, the only thought that I am capable of. And yet even through the mental anguish, I flatten my lobes to my skull, step protectively over my twins, my wings half-extended in a threatening pose. She has the Throat smell on her, but I do not want her here. I do not want her to see this, to see me. I want her gone.

But she is speaking to me, telling me I've done a good job. I want to scream. How can she say that I have done a good job when one of my girls lies dead beneath my feet? How can she say that I've done well when I failed at the only task I've had these past months - to allow my foals to grow within my womb, to become strong and healthy? Why is she even here? I do not know her, though she offers her name, and I do not want to know her. She has seen me, seen this, and she knows that I am no fit mother. And she can't even figure out what gender my Skysong is. I'm sure that my fury shows in my orbs, but I cannot feel it. I cannot feel anything.

"Go away. Please." My words are cold, brittle, but I cannot abandon my manners, no matter how spiteful I might be at the moment. It's not her fault, a rational part of my brain reminds me, but the small voice is quickly squashed by the many clamoring with fear and anger and pain. "Just... please." My voice has dropped to a whisper. But having determined that she is not a threat, I drop my maw back to my daughter. "Come, sweetling, up you get," I tell her, pressing encouragement into my tones. But inside I am dying. Or perhaps I am already dead.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Xylia - 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Sohalia - 02-08-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Skysong - 02-09-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Xylia - 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM