the Rift

a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

"Sohalia, it's alright," he says, and for a moment, anger flares within me. How can he say that? That it will be alright? It is not alright, it will never be alright, our child is lying lifeless on the ground, how is that alright? But my sobs only come harder, and my anger dies as quickly as it has come, drowned by the sorrow. Just like me. Drowning. "She'll be our Diniel." Diniel...? But I barely have time to think the question before he has explained. ... she'll watch over her sister from above, okay?" He draws away, gazes into my bi-colored orbs furtively. He is trying to pull me from the darkness, I can see that, but I cannot follow. No, for I have seen what he has not, and I know that our Diniel does not fly above like the metaphorical guardian angels that are thought to be so common. No, she wanders the spirit realm. Alone.

I cringe away, unable to meet his gaze. "No," I tell him softly. "She can't." I long to tell him that I saw her, that I touched her spirit, even if it was brief. But I cannot find the words, and my voice will not come. I shake my head, lost within my own mind, muttering apologies, explanations, meaningless words. None of it makes sense, none of it is even really audible, it is just a jumble of sounds. Slowly, his words begin to sink in. Could he be right? Could Diniel watch over Skysong from the spirit world? My eyes jump to Skysong, watching her small, fragile form, curled into a sleeping ball. Does she dream? Does Diniel visit her as she did me?

It is still my fault, and I am still pained, but there is light now, and I know that it stems from my family, even broken as we are. My sobs begin to quite, my tears begin to dry. Finally, I am able to return my gaze to my mate's emerald one. "Diniel she will be, love, and I hope that she will watch over Skysong as you say," My voice is tired, distant; I almost do not recognize it as my own. I am riddled with grief even now, even as he is pulling me from my anguish, forcing breath back into my drowning soul. But I do not smile. I remember feeling them kick - or was it only Skysong? Had I been carrying death within my womb for all this time? No, I cannot smile. Maybe tomorrow. But not today.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Xylia - 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Skysong - 02-09-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Xylia - 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: a bittersweet heartache [birthing, open] - by Sohalia - 02-12-2013, 01:07 AM