the Rift

Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan)

Couth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

While the creme mare had been prepared to perform her feats as a soloist, she felt all the more enthused to be dancing between the two stallions, especially when they knew the steps just as well as she did. Each move they made complemented the way the other moved and the way Couth moved, and she was attentive to watch and fit her movements in with their, at times matching one of the proud brothers before moving in a contrasting motion. The rhythm created by their footfalls was steady, accented only by the footfalls of one who landed from a magnificent leap. Had Couth been by herself, she might have taken to the sky, but when she was accompanied by these earth-bound steeds she felt no need to rise above them. She wanted to dance with them, to feel the air vibrate with warmth as they moved and twisted together, to feel the earth as it sang beneath their hooves.

Her soul begged for them to dance forever but her body was mortal and, while she was trained to endure long bouts of strain and physical activity, the dance came to a natural cadence eventually, with all three shining brightly in the moonlight, and soft puffs of breath hanging like mist on the air. Steam rose from their flanks, indicative of the exercise they had just endured. The studs had bowed to her, but Couth would not stand and accept praise as a soloist might- instead, she flared her wings and lowered her head to each of the stallions, grateful that they had chosen to accompany her.

Like Madyrn, Couth was still brimming with exhilaration, and would have just as easily been swept back into another tarantella if he had invited her. At their compliments, Couth tucked her neck and struck out with one hind foot in a coltish way. "As do mae partners," Couth answered Maskan with a rumbling note of pride. Who would have known that Mirage's brothers would have been such exceptional dance partners? Both studs drew closer and she closed the space too, wanting to feel the warmth of their hides against hers. In the presence of the two tall, muscular studs, she felt protected, safe, but dangerous too- they filled her with energy which gave her the fire of life. She felt the impulse to flee, to fight and buck and whirl, not against them but with them. She sensed the warrior spirit within them- particularly within Madyrn, and it made a fire within her soul smolder and burn. It was the fiery stud who complimented her looks and in return she reached out to him first, to touch her muzzle to his warm shoulder. Her touch was tentative at first, but she quickly felt reassured that she needn't be kittenish around these two; she felt at home in their company. She laughed quietly and rubbed her cheek against Madyrn's neck before she reached toward Maskan, combing her teeth through the thick mane just above his withers. Her voice was soft and dark. "It flatters two dark knights such as yewrselves as well. Who wouldae thought," She said, a smile teasing her lips. Her eyes moved back to Madyrn. "If'n I could, I would split maeself in two, to dance with each of ye. But I know if I did, I would be jealous of my other half."

Messages In This Thread
Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan) - by Couth - 07-08-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan) - by Couth - 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan) - by Couth - 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan) - by Couth - 07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan) - by Couth - 07-27-2012, 07:15 AM
RE: Soul Searcher (Madyrn/Maskan) - by Couth - 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM