the Rift

Something out of Time [OPEN]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

The beach was such an amazing place during Tallsun. The warm sun caressed her back, salty sea winds holding up the outstretched wings of a pegasus mare as she glided in lazy swoops along the beach. The sea was a beautiful shade of cyan, putting Aryel's own blue pelt to shame. She loved the ocean. When she was at the beach, she could forget, just for a minute, about the troubles that plagued the Throat. She had certainly felt them as a soldier, but now that she was a Sergeant, a sort of self-imposed weight of responsibility had settled on her shoulders. She worried for the herd. She worried that Tio really would find victory in his attempts to invade. But maybe she could think of something else for a little while.

At least, until the honkin' big heat shimmer caught her eye, causing her to flare her wings in an effort to bring herself to a stop midair. The long blue-black appendages churned the air as she stared, baffled, at the window as it solidified and cleared. "What on Loorien...?" she wondered aloud, half-whispered.

What was that?

She flapped once to set herself in motion again, wings tilted to set her in a curve towards the apparition. She didn't mind flying over the ocean, but she was acutely aware of the danger of deep water below her. Speaking of danger, what was that horse doing so far out? Were they drawn by the anonomaly too? As she neared, she realized that she had met this horse before.

"Frost Fyre?" she asked, slowing to a hover above the filly. She looked up at the window again, mouth gaping slightly as she stared at the picture within. Another island? What were those strange lumps that those little creatures were walking in an out of? "Hello in there!" she called, hoping to get some response. Curiously, cautiously, she brought herself forward, yearning to fly straight in, yet at the same time afraid to. What would happen if the two horses touched the window? Her curiousity burned within her, though, and in a moment of weakness, she stretched her neck forward to brush her muzzle agaisnt the barrier...

(Heehee, I think is my first RE. Can't wait to see how this turns out.)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Random Event - 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Frost Fyre - 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Aryel - 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Myrddin - 02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Aryel - 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Frost Fyre - 02-12-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Something out of Time [OPEN] - by Aryel - 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM