the Rift

doubtful is the follower [aswane|open]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

It breaks my heart, the way my young sister's body shakes and trembles as she pushes herself against my chest. Instinctively my head drops and I drape my neck across her and pull her more tightly against my darker body. "I'm sorry, Aswane." I murmur to her, my eyes closing as I embrace my sister. As strange as it is I already feel a bond much stronger than the one I share with Cyrus. I lift my head and begin to nibble gently at my sister's mane. "I'm sorry I left." I say to her, my heart cracking farther when I realize that I'd hurt more than just Mirage when I'd left Helovia.w

My ears tilt forward when Aswane's sweet voice comes once more, but what she says is not so sweet. I feel anger toward my brother that he abandoned our young sister. I had left her in his care while I was away with our parents and other young sister trying to find a cure for her physical ails. The fact that he could be so irresponsible and selfish was infuriating and I wished more than anything that I knew where he was so I could take a chunk out of his hide for leaving her alone.

"Worry not, Aswane." I say instead as I begin to run my muzzle along her smaller body. "I'm here again and I'm not going anywhere. I promise." Unlike my brother I was not one to break promises if I could help it. More questions flow from my sister's lips even after I promise her that I won't leave her again. How was I to tell her that mother and father weren't coming back? She's still so young and she wouldn't understand that they had to live in a place that was safer for poor Maleena. She was still so small because she'd been so sick when she was born.

"I went to check on mother and father and Maleena." I saw to Aswane as I hug her to my body once again. "I don't know where Cyrus is, but don't worry about him. He is grown enough to take care of himself." I hope my voice doesn't sound as bitter as I feel about him leaving Aswane. What if something horrible had happened to her because he'd left her? I know I would never forgive myself, but would he even care? "I won't leave you alone again, I promise." I say again.

aylin
healing hands of love like the stars shiny shiny from above

Messages In This Thread
doubtful is the follower [aswane|open] - by Aylin - 02-08-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: doubtful is the follower [aswane|open] - by Aylin - 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM