the Rift

Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
We traveled from the threshold, both in a rather uplifting mood. Krypt was quite the excitable little man, which of course proved an old legend true. “Smiles were contagious.” He had already succeeded in turning a pitiful frown upside down, and plastering on us both a better mood. Short stories were shared on my end, summing up the land around us.

From the Threshold and Thistle meadow, to the deep Forest.

I explained briefly the kind of work he had the option of participating in once part of a new family, “Do you have any talent for war or healing?” My question was purposeful and easy to answer, but my intent was actually not to let this one slide into the position of citizen if I could squeeze out a little solider.

Just by trusting first impression I’d say he was a rookie warrior at best. But then again I’d been proven wrong, even my own son—who on a normal day appeared as docile as a newborn and gentle as a butterfly. He could hold quite the temper when pushed far enough. Despite being proven false in previous encounters, this boy appeared light spirited. A vibrant spirit was something not commonly seen on a battle field.

Or at least not for long.

Our home approached. Rapidly sand engulfed sweet Tallsun grass. A sparkling emerald gem glistened in the distance; heat waves rolled off endless dunes and took liberty to play in a hot afternoon sun. This was the first sight that most newcomers were granted when first approaching the Throat. Curious of his reaction I twist neck round to regard him with a smile, “Welcome to Dragon’s Throat.”

In the summertime it felt like we had been shoved down the throat of an actual dragon. Heaven scored lashes of stinging waves across your back until body either got used to its touch, or brain smartened up to get out of the sun when it was on high. Its blaze was only softened by the occasional cloud in a usually clear sky. The oasis was our only sanctuary and relief; it was where refreshments of all sorts lay in wait for those that desired comfort.

your dying love is a rose I have buried somewhere close to you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance) - by Midas - 02-09-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance) - by Krypt - 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance) - by Krypt - 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM